Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden / BWRC

Thumbs up Madden / BWRC

I have been impressed with BW and Madden so far in Florida. They have come out of the box strong, the car is handling quite well and is very competitive. Is Madden providing the engines in this arrangement or did Barry go out and pickup new power plants?

JD never looked as good as Madden in this mount and struggled while in the BWRC... What was lacking in the JD & BW partnership that Madden and BW seem to have figured out?

I don't know if it helps or not but I think Madden only lives about 5 miles or so from BWRC is what I thought I read awhile back.

Apparently just a good running engine was all they were missing when JD was there.

Watch Madden go through the corner next to a longhorn and you’ll understand why he is having success. They are identical it seems it doesn’t look like it’s going to flip over like the BWRC did last year so that should tell you a lot.

Been very impressed with Madden and team.
    8/13/16

Clements power under the hood. Barry is the nicest guy in the chassis business. Hope they make it all year together!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    I have been impressed with BW and Madden so far in Florida. They have come out of the box strong, the car is handling quite well and is very competitive. Is Madden providing the engines in this arrangement or did Barry go out and pickup new power plants?

JD never looked as good as Madden in this mount and struggled while in the BWRC... What was lacking in the JD & BW partnership that Madden and BW seem to have figured out?
    They changed the motor supplier, and Madden is a smart cookie, and put him with Barry’s experience, big changes. And I think Madden maybe can better explain, show what he wants from a car. He was in Bloomers for awhile, then Longhorns, so I’m sure he knew what he wanted out of the car and what to do to get it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Clearly it's different competition but no telling how many races around the south he won with bwrc from '04-'08 (roughly). Couple sas championships and maybe his 09 national 100 win. I don't remember exactly when he switched to Bloomquist cars but I believe him and Barry just work well together. Not that JD and Barry don't or can't. It was easy to see the engine Dept was lacking soon as Bailes stepped in with his motor

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Clearly it's different competition but no telling how many races around the south he won with bwrc from '04-'08 (roughly). Couple sas championships and maybe his 09 national 100 win. I don't remember exactly when he switched to Bloomquist cars but I believe him and Barry just work well together. Not that JD and Barry don't or can't. It was easy to see the engine Dept was lacking soon as Bailes stepped in with his motor
    I believe Madden was in a Bloomquist chassis in 2007.

So far he's running tons better than I expected. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Been very impressed with Madden and team.
    Yep... He came into this season as strong or stronger then last. One to keep an eye on for sure!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post

The Engine.
    The Engine.
    The Engine.

Chassis was never in doubt. JD obviously is a stellar wheelman and Barry Wright has a history of success with his cars very few can hope to achieve, the oddball piece of the JD/BWRC combination was and I'm sorry to keep saying this but, the engine. The sponsor they had lined up pulled out and Hatfield was all they could arrange on short notice. 9 times out of 10 BWRC has almost always used Clements, which happens to be next door... The BWRC house car arrangement isn't the same as what other shops offer. Most BWRC housecar deals involve an outside party footing the bills and then BWRC does the upkeep, setups and consulting. Its more like a partnership. Madden has his own longtime sponsors and a history with BWRC just as storied as JD and BWRC in days past. Many victories, series championships and crown jewel wins adorn the walls at BWRC and Madden's name is on more than a few.

DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I'll leave this right here....

One of Barry's crew guys told me it wasn't the car or the motor.

And I quote, "Jd aint as good as he thinks he is"
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

Nah, just a two time World 100 winner and Lucas oil champion.

BigRacer93 hit the nail on the head - its all driving style. Madden is smoother through the corners which the BWRC really like.

Honestly, I think the common denominator was missing....the gadget man!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    BigRacer93 hit the nail on the head - its all driving style. Madden is smoother through the corners which the BWRC really like.

That must be why he won with it in crate races(which require smoothness) and struggled in Super races. Makes perfect sense. I'm not knocking Madden, he's gonna surprise some folks this season, but I remember when he got the boot from BWRC and it wasn't for smoothness. Both men have matured both on & off the track, I respect them equally and have seen them both develope over time into top tier drivers, not lacking in any area. Right now JD is the more aggressive of the two, but that doesn't mean he can't be smooth when he needs to be. He's won races banging the cushion and some tip-toeing the hub, both men are exceptional and now both are paired with people that can give them the car they need night in & night out. Rumley isn't the only man who knows how to make a race car fast and he's more than a, "gadget man".
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    That must be why he won with it in crate races(which require smoothness) and struggled in Super races. Makes perfect sense. I'm not knocking Madden, he's gonna surprise some folks this season, but I remember when he got the boot from BWRC and it wasn't for smoothness. Both men have matured both on & off the track, I respect them equally and have seen them both develope over time into top tier drivers, not lacking in any area. Right now JD is the more aggressive of the two, but that doesn't mean he can't be smooth when he needs to be. He's won races banging the cushion and some tip-toeing the hub, both men are exceptional and now both are paired with people that can give them the car they need night in & night out. Rumley isn't the only man who knows how to make a race car fast and he's more than a, "gadget man".
    That's not a slight to Kevin.....someone on here years ago referred to his invention as a gadget, thus the name!

He will be known as a great innovator in our sport to push the envelope.....just like Bloomquist!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

If the engines weren't an issue when JD was there why hasn't anyone used a Hatfield since ? Bailes didn't want one and neither does Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post

That's what I'd say too if a guy who'd won a ton over the last few years, couldn't hit water falling out of a boat in the stuff your source was crewing on. Won in the 6,116,22.

Glad to see Barry back running well with something worth having under the hood.