Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden / BWRC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Wow good assumpsion CENTEROFF
    I was shocked too SS.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Madden is a one of the best setup guys in the business and hes a great driver. Davenport is only good when rumley turns the wrenches. His track record of the last 5 years proves that. Only time he won when he drove Barrys stuff was at the end of a season when the tracks down south like whynot and eams were hammer down, or at charlotte when it took rubber.

He is capable of running at a national level, not worthy of the publicity.

Josh richards and brandon sheppard are the faces of this sport in the next 10 years. They are the true BAMF's of this era

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Madden is a one of the best setup guys in the business and hes a great driver. Davenport is only good when rumley turns the wrenches. His track record of the last 5 years proves that. Only time he won when he drove Barrys stuff was at the end of a season when the tracks down south like whynot and eams were hammer down, or at charlotte when it took rubber.

He is capable of running at a national level, not worthy of the publicity.

Josh richards and brandon sheppard are the faces of this sport in the next 10 years. They are the true BAMF's of this era
    Sheppy minus Mark is kinda like JD without Rumley.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    lol, you apparently never seen the kid race before he went to Rocket. There's a reason he is in the car. He's very knowledgeable, hands on and committed to this racing stuff.

I think mastersbuilt is trying to say he would probably hire Madden as a crew chief and leave the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit open for JD. Easy trigger

How did I get not a nice word for cokpit? Come on now mods

You're not even in the ball park.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I think mastersbuilt is trying to say he would probably hire Madden as a crew chief and leave the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit open for JD. Easy trigger
    Madden and jd have had there run ins so i dont think that would work.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    lol, you apparently never seen the kid race before he went to Rocket. There's a reason he is in the car. He's very knowledgeable, hands on and committed to this racing stuff.
    He won races. He wasn't all world. Kinda like JD.

Even now, there is a drop off in the B5.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 02-19-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    One thing lacking was talent in the jd and bw partnership.
    Jd definitely is not lacking talent. I think it has more to with engines and driving styles, and Im a Madden fan.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

He won races. He wasn't all world. Kinda like JD.

Even now, there is a drop off in the B5.
    oh boy..... Not sure I'd consider winning in his last race in the B5 a drop off. Hard to keep putting up wins when the car sits tho. Dang man, I thought you were one of the more knowledgeable posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I'll leave this right here....

One of Barry's crew guys told me it wasn't the car or the motor.

And I quote, "Jd aint as good as he thinks he is"
    Sounds like someone has got the "we won a race so we are better than every" attitude. Like the Street stock guy who wins a race after 10 years of trying and shows up the next week with his own t-shirts for sale. I guess there is no way to argue which driver is better since even the best drivers lose more than they win, but saying it wasn't the motors is enough to wave the BS flag at....... where are them motors now? Not in the 44!! lol

oh boy..... Not sure I'd consider winning in his last race in the B5 a drop off. Hard to keep putting up wins when the car sits tho. Dang man, I thought you were one of the more knowledgeable posters on here.
    He struggled. Finally dialed it in the last night. He is a top 6ish guy with Best. Then goes to Rocket and is #1. There is clearly a big difference. The guy is good. So are 50 other guys.

There have been threads about his drop off in the B5. The stats can be looked up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Agreed, thanks for bringing that one up.

Josh Richards is really the only one who has really shown speed away from the mother ship. No doubt info is coming down the pipe, but no doubt josh is pretty good at calling the shots.

But sheppards stint with best was pretty good. Not as good as Josh's run. But one can speculate that if Sheppard had an engine swap to AD in 2016 he would have or could have had the same results josh had.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Agreed, thanks for bringing that one up.

Josh Richards is really the only one who has really shown speed away from the mother ship. No doubt info is coming down the pipe, but no doubt josh is pretty good at calling the shots.

But sheppards stint with best was pretty good. Not as good as Josh's run. But one can speculate that if Sheppard had an engine swap to AD in 2016 he would have or could have had the same results josh had.
    Maybe Randall Edwards is the difference at Best.He doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves.

Hes won at least 3 championships with different drivers!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

He struggled. Finally dialed it in the last night. He is a top 6ish guy with Best. Then goes to Rocket and is #1. There is clearly a big difference. The guy is good. So are 50 other guys.

There have been threads about his drop off in the B5. The stats can be looked up.
    Top 6ish with the newly formed BEST team, running under-powered engines? He won some races in that ride. Look what a simple engine change did for Josh's results.
    So, in your mind he's on the road with Rocket and he is expected to keep putting up the same results as he did when he had time to focus solely on the family car? Let's look back to when he drove the house car the first time around and the results of the B5 then and compare them to now. I don't believe you will see a fall off.

As far as the threads you bring up.... I don't put to much stake in the reporting on dirt racing these days. There are very few who know what they are talking about. Seems everyone with an opinion and a computer think they are knowledgeable these days. Most reporters couldn't drill a rivit out if given the tools and step by step instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Maybe Randall Edwards is the difference at Best.He doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves.

Hes won at least 3 championships with different drivers!
    I believe Randall was there with Sheppard also. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Top 6ish with the newly formed BEST team, running under-powered engines? He won some races in that ride. Look what a simple engine change did for Josh's results.
    So, in your mind he's on the road with Rocket and he is expected to keep putting up the same results as he did when he had time to focus solely on the family car? Let's look back to when he drove the house car the first time around and the results of the B5 then and compare them to now. I don't believe you will see a fall off.

As far as the threads you bring up.... I don't put to much stake in the reporting on dirt racing these days. There are very few who know what they are talking about. Seems everyone with an opinion and a computer think they are knowledgeable these days. Most reporters couldn't drill a rivit out if given the tools and step by step instructions.
    I agree with the last part. But, Josh won races before the engine change as well. Sheppard was considered a good young talent before being paired with Mark. Things are much different now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I agree with the last part. But, Josh won races before the engine change as well. Sheppard was considered a good young talent before being paired with Mark. Things are much different now.
    I wasn't trying to take anything away from Josh or any other driver, but Brandon without Mark would still be better than the monkey/ football scenario we seen when JD was with Barry, without Rumley. And honestly I don't think that was because Kevin wasn't there.

I seen JD run Lucas Oil show last year at duck river in the Bwrc and I'm telling u that car had no corner exit speed..almost look like the car was stalling coming out of the turns..but I did see old man Barry underneath that car working his butt off while JD was layed up in the hauler