Default Best Speedweeks Racing Ever

After this year speedweeks I think all series and promoters should have learned something. We just seen more passing, more lead changes and more different winners than ever before for speedweeks events. All this talk about these cars can’t pass, cars are too aero dependent is totally wrong. Some of the winners came from way back to win. Please don’t screw it up... Ray Cook.

I agree, great racing all 2 weeks

Yep, I agree Ray.

I hope your new rules make it even better!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Don’t screw it up Ray with your droop rule.. because there really isn’t a problem but you could create problems with a droop rule. Now the cars have enough grip to pass take that away and we will be back to no passing.

It was awesome. I only got to see two of them in person, but saw all of the others on TV. Every night featured fields loaded with most of the stars of the sport, as usual, but the racing was the best it's ever been. I wish I could see that kind of racing all year, but unfortunately I live in Georgia now. Good racing is hard to find here.

Against everything Ray has said about cars rolling over all the time.... I don’t think one late model car rolled over during the entire speedweeks.

I was not there, but had great coverage thanks to DoD. Seems to me that weather played a major role in the great racing. You could go back in two weeks with different results.

I thought the racing was awesome. I can't really think of a night where the races were boring to watch again. With the exception of the first at Volusia, I dont think there was a race not worth watching again. I think weather played a big role in it, or we would've seen a better show.

I'm excited for the spring 50 at Florence or buckeye spring 50 at atomic, whichever comes first. We're gonna need a serious drying out before then.

I disagree with the assertion that more grip equals more passing. I have seen plenty of hammer down trains. I have seen plenty of races where guys slip up and get passed when grip is at a premium.

We saw comers and goers during speedweeks because tires wouldn't hold up and guys rode around and some went for broke. Kinda like when they were allowed to use different tire compound strategies. I think allowing the blade on the RR again was all the difference in that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

And those last 2 Lucas shows were painful to sit through as a paying fan. The caution/tire parade got to be a joke at times.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Some of the so called "facts" on 4m sure come from left field... Lucas & WoO in Florida and we are crying over something Ray Cook is doing, if you're that unhappy and fearful go watch SAS or Ultimate or BoB or Lucas or WoO or freaking Fasttrak, but let Ray live his own life and run his own business. It may turn out things are better doing it his way, but we won't know till its tried. When did the world go sissy on change and trying different ideas? Somehow the entire planet it seems is convinced you must have a Rocket XR1 with Andy Durham Ford power and Mark Richards magic Integra shocks to race, every thing else is inviting disaster and ridicule. If no one ever does anything outside the norm then nothing new ever gets done. With that logic I guess we'd all still be in model T's. Put on your big girl panties, brush your hair and fix your makeup, 2018 is just getting started, 2 weeks in Florida does NOT make a season.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Some of the so called "facts" on 4m sure come from left field... Lucas & WoO in Florida and we are crying over something Ray Cook is doing, if you're that unhappy and fearful go watch SAS or Ultimate or BoB or Lucas or WoO or freaking Fasttrak, but let Ray live his own life and run his own business. It may turn out things are better doing it his way, but we won't know till its tried. When did the world go sissy on change and trying different ideas? Somehow the entire planet it seems is convinced you must have a Rocket XR1 with Andy Durham Ford power and Mark Richards magic Integra shocks to race, every thing else is inviting disaster and ridicule. If no one ever does anything outside the norm then nothing new ever gets done. With that logic I guess we'd all still be in model T's. Put on your big girl panties, brush your hair and fix your makeup, 2018 is just getting started, 2 weeks in Florida does NOT make a season.
    If only you'd take your own advice and come up with a new argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    And those last 2 Lucas shows were painful to sit through as a paying fan. The caution/tire parade got to be a joke at times.
    And to watch supers pack a track in for an hour or more!

The 2 biggest shows of the week and they don't get done till after midnight! smh
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

At least one NLMS type car rolled at GIS.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2