Thread: e85

Default e85

anyone out there running e85 . pros and cons vs straight alky. best carb for it.

I run e85 in my stockcar on a 4bbl/ 360ci motor combo. about 450hp. Ethanol is much easier to maintain but doesnt make as much power as alky. I gained about 10hp and 30 lbs/ft over gas. I run a cv billet pump 12psi with a bypass regulator and return line to the cell. I run a jdr ultra hp carb. Runs flawless.

All three of our mods have Pro Systems E-85 carbs. Run perfect. cooler running, more power and $2 a gallon or less most places. win, win, win situation. I do add top end oil in the fuel and flush carb out running some gas through it every night in pits before loading in trailer. Just standard 7 lb gas fuel pump, no regulator etc of any kind. Only runs about 30% more volume than gas so not all the hassles of methanol at twice the volume. Just take off your gas carb bolt on Pro Systems E-85 carb and go racing. carb pays for itself quickly if you are running $10 a gallon race gas now.

I run E85 in my wissota mod 4. I buy my fuel at the pump mid summer when it's closest to 85% ethanol. if you buy it when it's colder out it might be more like 70%. I always check the ethanol percentage and either add unleaded gas or E98 to make it right. If the ethanol content isn't right your engine will either be lean if it's too high or rich if it's too low.