Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Will there be reserved seating for the Icebreaker? If so, can someone please clarify the seating chart on Ticket Biscuit? I can't determine where I normally sit from that chart. What sections are on each side of the aisle going down directly in front of the concession stand? Are the double letter sections the bleachers above the main seating?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Been to both. Atomic hands down big time!!!!

Brownstown is what I consider my home track, but with home track bias aside... I feel like The track and covered grandstand layout puts you on a similar level to the racing action. You can sit higher up in the bleachers and still feel like you're right on top of the racing action. I've been to many other tracks where the seating has you looking down at the tops of the racecars or across a big grass flat before the track. For me, sitting too far away or looking down on cars seems to pull all of the action out of racing. The track can be multi-groove or one lane (hard to say week to week) but overall you always see the action from a great vantage point that makes all the difference for the experience. I will say... Early season track moisture working up through the night usually makes for a good race.

Don't be surprised if the race series guys complain about too much grip at both tracks and convince track staff to attempt preparing a dry surface at both Atomic and Brownstown (I believe that happens at every track). In today's racing world, a dry track favors big money teams with all the expensive technology (usually series regulars). My opinion is that a track with plenty of grip makes everyone fast and levels out the playing field.

Regardless, I can't wait to see some racing action for the first time in 2018.

Default Brownstown

Atomic and dry for this race, hasn’t happened yet. Been almost too fast st times. Set a new track record I think it was two years ago, 12.70 with Jimmy Owens. Old track record I believe was Jackie Boggs at a 13.46 I think.

Atomic is dam racy. Brownstown with the changes looks a little more my style. The old Brownstown nah.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Season ticket holder at Atomic and I can say it's pretty rare to see a train race and of the weather cooperates you will not be disappointed.

My only time at Atomic (KC) it was a train race. Chub won the DTWC.
    Scott Kleindorfer

It mainly depends on what your wanting to see. Atomic is high speed, edge of your seat racing. Brownstown can be very racey but is a bit slower. I may be biased because I'm the track photographer at Atomic but I'd choose Atomic. Don't get me wrong tho I have seen a lot of good races at Brownstown and I have seen some bad races at both tracks. But for the speed and great racing Atomic is your best bet. If you like a slower paced race with lots of side by side racing then Brownstown would be best pick.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**