Thread: Stacked lr

Default Stacked lr

Anyone have trouble with the adjuster nut cross threading while running a stacked spring on the LR. The spring is really preload and when adjusting it will cross thread. Did it once and replaced the shock body and nut. Now it has happened again. It's an Integra canister shock. Any help would be great

Bet its not cross threading prob galling on threads, needs a little anti-sieze

That or getting dirt in it maybe? Nev3r heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcar View Post
    Anyone have trouble with the adjuster nut cross threading while running a stacked spring on the LR. The spring is really preload and when adjusting it will cross thread. Did it once and replaced the shock body and nut. Now it has happened again. It's an Integra canister shock. Any help would be great
    I would recommend trying a torsion release bearing on the adjuster nut and on the bottom of the spring cup, the spring wants to twist when you compress it, believe it or not this creates some side load in the cup and adjuster nut. Especially when you’re putting a lot of pre load in a spring because it wants to twist more due to needing to compress more. Using this will help make the adjustment easier, as well as reduce some of the drag this creates inside the shock body, and you might even notice a difference in the feel of the spring rates. Have a look around. Eibach makes them. Hyperco makes hydraulic spring perches but I haven’t dealt with them.. they’re a bit pricey too. Try a TRB and see if it helps. It’s just a tiny little plate with bearings inside.

If the spring can’t twist it’ll try to push up on one side more than the other and with the pressure on the adjuster nut it might be causing it to try and skip up a thread or down a thread. Worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SLM98 View Post
    Bet its not cross threading prob galling on threads, needs a little anti-sieze
    Or it’s doing this^ when I put that 175# on the RF I had to pre load it so much you could see the metal cleaning off the threads making it shiny as I was compressing it.

Integra has put the thrust bearings between the nut and the spring when we’ve gotten stuff already put together from them. I’m assuming to help prevent what you’re seeing there.

I originally thought it was just dirt but it definitely jumped a thread and cross threaded. Thanks for the help. I'll get some thrust bearing and try that