Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Davenport

When did 0 get involved in a wreck? Was he involved in a hot lap incident or???

Oh my
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by rockman1755 View Post
    lord excuse me for voicing my opinion,I forgot this isnt 2016 when they had to fix the race car every weekend and the rumleys had all they could take and left the sport.this should really get you superman cape hangers all stirred up....I think hes overrated,without rumley hes no champion,top 5 to 10 driver at best.the best drivers out there can jump in any chassis brand and make it fast,JD proved last year that he cant.madden took his knowledge to the wright camp and is running up front just like last year.when JD can win without rumley then he will get my respect but what Ive seen from him since he started is that he needs somebody else to make the car fast.he can drive the wheels off it and I give him that but thats about it....now let the bashing begin.lol
    That's not why they left the sport. Maybe you forgot how much money they won in 2015? A few beat up race cars was worth it. They won almost every crown jewel that year. You're just stirring the pot.

Trolling post is trolling......

............but I have been intrigued by the Madden situation this year given Davenport was basically in the same ride last year and we all seen those results. Makes me wonder if it was sponsorship, engines, shocks, etc or if the comparison of the two drivers setup ability a legitimate argument.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

lord excuse me for voicing my opinion,I forgot this isnt 2016 when they had to fix the race car every weekend and the rumleys had all they could take and left the sport.this should really get you superman cape hangers all stirred up....I think hes overrated,without rumley hes no champion,top 5 to 10 driver at best.the best drivers out there can jump in any chassis brand and make it fast,JD proved last year that he cant.madden took his knowledge to the wright camp and is running up front just like last year.when JD can win without rumley then he will get my respect but what Ive seen from him since he started is that he needs somebody else to make the car fast.he can drive the wheels off it and I give him that but thats about it....now let the bashing begin.lol
    Leading Lucas Points, and he will finish in the top 5. Barry Wright’s issues were the Hatfield motors. Changed motors with Ross Bailes and did pretty good. Madden has freely admitted they’ve been changing a lot of things on the cars. The issue wasn’t JD, it was the motors.

Rumley and Davenport split up because quite frankly they couldn’t get past the changes Lucas made directed at them. They ran well, just not the magical numbers from 15’, which are probably unattainable. Early in the year they darn good, thumbing their nose at Lucas. Then they become just good, not great, and obviously started not getting along.

It’s not bashing, you’re just not using actual facts. He can win on any surface and has more than proven himself.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

kinda like joush richards and rocket , right??????? Wasn't it in 2016 that rumley went and " Consulted " with them???

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    kinda like joush richards and rocket , right??????? Wasn't it in 2016 that rumley went and " Consulted " with them???
    Not quite. Josh was still pretty good, just not what they were once they came out with the XR1. JD and Barry sucked. See post above, I’m not bashing. And yeah, supposedly Rumley consulted with Rocket, helping to make the XR1.

I wouldn’t give in to this guys ridiculous post and make one not much better.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Does Davenport ever work on the cars or just hang out till it's race time and then drive?

Seems like if Madden has changed a bunch of stuff in addition to the engines, then maybe Davenport would have thought to try that as well when he was driving the Barry Wright stuff last year.

Doesn't make sense that the only thing missing from BWRC last year was a good engine.

In short--is Davenport just a driver, or is he more like Madden, Bloomquist, Lanigan, etc., that also know how the cars work?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Richards won multiple WoO titles before the XR1 was even a thing. I don’t know that the comparison is apt.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Didn't Rumley help the Bpwyer cars also ? I didn't see any magic results from that.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Didn't Rumley help the Bpwyer cars also ? I didn't see any magic results from that.
    For like two races?

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    He made a world of difference for Vosbergen.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I like both of them , but , for the basher,s both ways , lets give credit where it,s due , if josh and rocket were that great before JD, s 2015 year , then why did they bring in an outsider, rumley , to help , i,m sure there was a lot of money swapped hand,s when that deal went down though....

Fastford u make too much sense but remember... the truth will set you free here....

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Trolling post is trolling......

............but I have been intrigued by the Madden situation this year given Davenport was basically in the same ride last year and we all seen those results. Makes me wonder if it was sponsorship, engines, shocks, etc or if the comparison of the two drivers setup ability a legitimate argument.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    The engine JD had was a dog, period. Car is basically the same now as when he drove it. If you do the math, JD won with Barry before this past go round and since, Bailes and Madden have both won in Barry's ICON since and the car is unchanged. The engine was the piece of the equation that doesn't fit, never has Barry used that supplier before, almost always Clements with a few notable exceptions. I think Bloomquist was still using Custom or Cornett during his turn and Brandon Kinzer used a Mopar, not sure by who. Almost every other time they used Clements.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    The engine JD had was a dog, period. Car is basically the same now as when he drove it. If you do the math, JD won with Barry before this past go round and since, Bailes and Madden have both won in Barry's ICON since and the car is unchanged. The engine was the piece of the equation that doesn't fit, never has Barry used that supplier before, almost always Clements with a few notable exceptions. I think Bloomquist was still using Custom or Cornett during his turn and Brandon Kinzer used a Mopar, not sure by who. Almost every other time they used Clements.
    That car is not the same! Madden drove a longhorn for the past few yrs and knows them well.

Barry builds cars so you can figure out whatz some of the designs that are in that ihorn that madden drives for barry
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Does Davenport ever work on the cars or just hang out till it's race time and then drive?

Seems like if Madden has changed a bunch of stuff in addition to the engines, then maybe Davenport would have thought to try that as well when he was driving the Barry Wright stuff last year.

Doesn't make sense that the only thing missing from BWRC last year was a good engine.

In short--is Davenport just a driver, or is he more like Madden, Bloomquist, Lanigan, etc., that also know how the cars work?
    Yes, he does work on them too. Have seen him at plenty of races working with the crew.

Inside dirt racing tweeted a pic of jd and crew working on car at cherokee. Im pretty sure thats jd w his drvr suit on under car working.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Inside dirt racing tweeted a pic of jd and crew working on car at cherokee. Im pretty sure thats jd w his drvr suit on under car working.
    Handing the tools to Kevin does not count
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Handing the tools to Kevin does not count
    Kevin was handling his tool???.....whaaattttt, that goes way beyond a crew chiefs job requirements!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!