Default cleaning an oil cooler?

what's the best way,if any, to safely clean an oil cooler that has been used during an engine failure?

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry_hound View Post
    what's the best way,if any, to safely clean an oil cooler that has been used during an engine failure?
    Generally you throw them away. It greatly depends how the system is ran and where the filter and oberg is in relation to the cooler. If it's filtered (spin on) before the cooler and cooler is on pressure side, then it's possible (big maybe here and not recommended) to clean it as the filter should have caught any debris.

take off car, lay on floor and smash with hammer, it aint worth it

Cut it open, clean, weld back up
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

That was my thought,, to cut it open,, wouldn’t think it would be too difficult and alot cheaper than buying a new one

Not cheaper than another engine failure though!! But a new one!!!!!!!!

If you are that hard up just run without one. Like everyone said its not worth it, you will never get all the trash out, will be down on Hp on the dyno and may not make it off the dyno.

Take to a transmission shop that has a hot flush cooler flushers

I'm surprised no one has made a cooler with pipe plugs on the ends so you can open it up and flush them out. Of course that adds to the cost, but I bet a lot of people don't toss em after a blowup like they should.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry_hound View Post
    ..........Same way you clean a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by AmickRacing View Post
    I'm surprised no one has made a cooler with pipe plugs on the ends so you can open it up and flush them out. Of course that adds to the cost, but I bet a lot of people don't toss em after a blowup like they should.
    Back in the day had a holman mody one that both ends bolted on so u could take apart and clean was a nice piece .

So actual for me now, I just came here to check the recommendations. I am using Igloo production, and if I don't find a solution here, I will have to use this igloo products customer service number . I heard many positive reviews on Igloo customer support team.
    Last edited by samgood; 12-06-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    ..........Same way you clean a condom.
    Turn it inside out, shake the Fu$k out of it and use it again lol. J/k, couldn’t resist on that one Chief Trash it! A lot cheaper than a new motor!

I really like the look of tile in the house. But not many people know that they need to be taken care of in time and thoroughly. You can learn about how to clean floor tile and keep it looking beautiful on the Fortador website. I liked all the tips and tried many of them, getting good results.