Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cleveland Speedway sold; new owners plans not known

https://insidedirtracing.com/clevela...ans-not-known/

New owners have taken possession of the Cleveland Speedway property

I can't believe how far that place has fallen. When I was coming along and DLM racing was booming everywhere in the late 80's early/mid 90's, Cleveland was a hotbed of talent and races to see. I even went to a big Kart race there in the early 90's. Let's hope they turn things around and it doesn't become another Atomic, that was just a greedy shame.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

R.i.p......

Sounds like it's done! Typically if wanted to keep for racing I'd think you'd want track website. Further previous owner's probably would of pushed issue of selling to someone whom planned on keeping racing but no such mention in release

It's always sad to see any race track close. However, some just can't seem to make it no matter what. We can only hope that going forward the track remains open. I've seen way too many close in my lifetime.

Any news of who bought the track,I heard that Larry Hill sold his Ford lot up the street an may be looking to build another dealer ship but you know just hear say

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    I can't believe how far that place has fallen. When I was coming along and DLM racing was booming everywhere in the late 80's early/mid 90's, Cleveland was a hotbed of talent and races to see. I even went to a big Kart race there in the early 90's. Let's hope they turn things around and it doesn't become another Atomic, that was just a greedy shame.
    That Atomic deal to this day still bothers me.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Buying it for the amount they did, and not being made public, I’d be surprised if it stays a racetrack. Sometimes things just aren’t meant to be anymore, no matter how much we want them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I literally curse and flip the bird every time I pass Crete when I drive out I-40. Such a horrible fate. And if it happens to Cleveland I will have much the same reaction.

I definitely miss not having Atomic around anymore. That place had a special magic too it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I literally curse and flip the bird every time I pass Crete when I drive out I-40. Such a horrible fate. And if it happens to Cleveland I will have much the same reaction.
    Give them one for me the next time you pass by there.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

To this day when our logistics people at work are arranging shipment for things I've sold I always tell them to only use Crete if absolutely necessary.

Atomic was incredible.

Someone fill me in on why all the bitterness about Atomic. I know it was a great track and it was special to a lot of people, but why all the harshness toward Crete ?

Ever seen or met some of the idiot rookie non-drivers they hire? Just shade above prime trucking

My ire is not AT Crete but BECAUSE of Crete. They just took advantage of purchasing a property that they wanted. My anger or sorrow lies in the loss of my favorite track of all time and how it was sold. It was absolutely his land to sell. He was the owner and he took the money and ran. It was done very quietly. So that adds to the pain of it. Just wish someone would have had the opportunity to match the offer to keep it a race track,

Well said flagone

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Someone fill me in on why all the bitterness about Atomic. I know it was a great track and it was special to a lot of people, but why all the harshness toward Crete ?
    Crete bought the land Atomic is on for a trucking terminal. It’s not really that we hate them, just frustrated a really good track was ruined. If they didn’t buy it, someone else woulda. It was worth more to whoever had it as commercial development, vs a racetrack. But what a awesome place.

Crete did nothing wrong, and my anger is completely misguided. That being said, changes nothing about how I feel about them.

I usually don't do day races because they turn one lane. Atomic was the exception man I miss that track. I spent alot of Saturday night's at Cleveland if it's gone it's a shame. Some of the best races I have ever seen have been at that track.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Crete did nothing wrong, and my anger is completely misguided. That being said, changes nothing about how I feel about them.
    Haha...we all get irrationally upset about stuff. I love the fact that you recognize and acknowledge it.