Default Anyone up for a real discussion about set-ups for a big 1/2 mile track?

Built a new 72 back Chevelle chassis and I'm looking for a good starting point.
    3400 # Hobby Stock. 355ci with a 4 gear and a 12 bolt. 500 Holley with stock manifolds and HEI.
    Must run stock mount shocks, no weight jacks and use 15x8 3" backspace wheels and 26" American Racer Tires. Planning on Bilstein Shocks and Hypercoil Springs, could use some advice on spring rates, shock part #'s and percentages. As for now i'm thinking about 150# LR heavy???
    Track has long sweeping turns and long straights and will probably be slick everywhere all of the time.
    What say yee?
    Thanks to all.

1000 LF 1100RF 250LR 225RR, Bilstien offers a great set of shocks for a slick track you just got to tinker with what you or your driver likes as far as what to run on the front
    Last edited by WOT114; 03-09-2018 at 03:34 PM.

That is very similar to what I was thinking.

that's front spring rate is pretty heavy for a Chevelle. a 68-72 Chevelle lower a arm ratio is 35%
    so 35% of that rate is what you would see at the balljoint.

those spring rates look to me what you would run on the front of a GM Metric car with a 25% motion ratio.
    just my 2 cents
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

how much is track banking getting in to turns

There is some banking. It's not flat but it is also not banked like many shorter tracks are. You can carry good momentum.

Is the wheelbase stock?

I ran a big body chevelle

800/700
    250/250

Ran those on high bank and flat tracks averaged 20 different tracks a year.

That car was great compared to the leaf spring nova I built but JUNK compared to the first metric car I threw together. After I drove the metric car I never EVER raced the full size car again, WIDER is not better in dirt track racing. AND yes I won races with it and almost always ran top 4, the metric I won a ton more races. It was more agile, quicker to change lanes, move around the track etc. It had so much more side bite it was crazy.

Stock wheelbase and all suspension mounting points and components are stock.