Thread: Genx help

Default Genx help

Looking for ride heights car is late 16 early 17 car. And standard location on bars on frame thanks

If they haven't changed anything on those since 2014:

LF- 2 7/8" RF- 3 7/8" (top of lower control arm to frame)

LR- 8 1/2" RR- 7 1/2" (top of axle tube to frame)

They what’s sheet I got called for but few I talked said rr needs be 8 1/8 and lr 8 1/2 to 9

Yeah, I wish I had access to load numbers or something but the ride heights are obviously just a general starting point. I'm sure guys that have had success by adjusting on them are not quite where these numbers are. But what I will say is, whenever I feel like I've gotten too far off base, I just go back to what they call for and it's amazing how things just fall into place. Undoubtedly not specific to just their cars, but I figure they should have the best knowledge of them since they designed/built them.

Alot of people are raising the rr corner and running less and less static bite. Only worrying about droop load and your 4 inch number up front any more. Most I know of are lowering the lr with stack setups and raising the rr statically. Allows you to pass tech and raise the rear decking and still get just as high dynamically plus the added deck height.

Just now getting an understanding of the tip of the iceberg with this load stuff, I wonder why we would even check things like caster/camber or toe at ride height anymore? I know we're not always at full droop (or at least I'm not), but why not get your car to a relative racing attitude, then check those things?

I'm curious what others think/do...

On the GenX series car, somewhere between serial number 2535 and 2620 on MOST frames they raised the RH rear rail 5/8". This makes the indicated RR ride height 8 1/8" from the previous 7 1/2". The indicator for which you have is the height of the crossmember for the RR shock mount as it has not changed.

Front ride heights on the newer cars are more like 3" LF and 3 3/4" RF

Aligning the front end dynamically is the only way to go. There are a lot of cars running around with negative caster and toe measurements way off, even when within traditional "bump steer" specs.
    Last edited by collateralDamage; 03-09-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Mine is c2660

Mine is X2660

another question on a mine is a 2013 gen x question is about what spacers do you use between the inner tie rods and the rack

The rack uses a "center pull" end on the right side, and the old standard "bolt on top" for the left side.

Straight out of their set-up book:
    BUSHINGS
    .200 BETWEEN RACK AND TIE ROD ON LEFT FRONT
    .500 BETWEEN RF SPINDLE AND TIE ROD
    0 BETWEEN LF SPINDLE AND TIE ROD