Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Fall Nationals - Sure would be great if they would find a replacement for Eldora.

Fall Nationals replacement
    Sure would be nice if DIRTcar / UMP Would and or could find a replacement track for Eldora to host the event.
    Understandably Eldora was kind of the perfect track for it because of the amount of space for pit parking, seating for fans, food, prices and overall geographical location.
    Feel like the this was a good show that many didn't go to for one reason or another.
    To me the racing in the Modifieds was pretty good.
    It didn't help when they decreased the late model payout a few years back.
    I think they should have kept the late model payout at $10K.
    I like the 3 day format but with the coast of an extra day it might have deterred some drivers and teams from coming.
    I think to an extant they should have maybe added the late models to the Friday show to make it worth their while to be there.
    Hopefully some time down the road this event makes a come back.
    It was a quality field of Modifieds and some darn good racing.
    I just don't know what track could hold this event due to the high car counts and the amount of pit parking it would require to hold it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I think Tri-City would be a great candidate.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Back to Springfield
    8/13/16

Sycamore 😉

I-55???????

I second the mile, but bring it to duquoin under the lights

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    I second the mile, but bring it to duquoin under the lights
    I rather like the sound of that.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Rumor has it they have found a new home but, It's just hasn't been announced yet. You know how rumors go.

I-55 schedule says Oct 5,6, special event tba.

I 55 would have a better chance of me attending over Eldora, but Sprint Mania II is at FALS that weekend. I will stay in IL. The two fan groups are different enough that one shouldn't effect the other, don't you think? About 225 miles between the two.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 03-10-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post

Feel like the this was a good show that many didn't go to for one reason or another.
    It didn't help when they decreased the late model payout a few years back.
    I think they should have kept the late model payout at $10K.
    I like the 3 day format but with the coast of an extra day it might have deterred some drivers and teams from coming.
    I just don't know what track could hold this event due to the high car counts and the amount of pit parking it would require to hold it.
    If many didn't go because of the pay cut in LM or 3 day event etc. Then why would they still need to find a place to hold this event that can handle higher car counts?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    If many didn't go because of the pay cut in LM or 3 day event etc. Then why would they still need to find a place to hold this event that can handle higher car counts?
    It's obvious you didn't get what I was trying to say.
    1. What I was getting at is bring back the original late model pay of $10,000 to win.

2. If this event where to be held at a track other then Eldora there aren't very many tracks that could accommodate the car count.

3. I'm not sure but I don't believe many tracks had the same safety requirements as Eldora did and I believe that hurt the car counts last fall plus the expected nasty weather that weekend didn't help.

4. Let's say for sake a track did pick up the event and the 3 day format & payout was the same for the Modifieds but the Late Model payout went back to it's original $10,000 to win Plus they where added to the Friday show for either $5,000 to win or let's say maybe twin $5,000 to win races. If that happened I'm not sure there is a track other then Eldora that could hold the car count that might be there. The last couple of years I think the Modified pay was ok but the Late Model pay for an event at Eldora was a JOKE compared to what it used to be. (Personally I think any late model show at Eldora should be $5,000 to win - Just My Opinion).

5. This was a good show for the DIRTcar Modifieds at Eldora and they had an event most all their own except for the late models on Saturday. I think Eldora screwed the Modified teams who supported the event by doing away with it and not really giving a reason. Sprint and Late Models have BIG Shows there and I think the Fall Nationals could have turned into a huge Modified show had they done the drivers and teams right. Many didn't like some of the b.s. safety rules they imposed on teams a few days before the season last year.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-10-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Rumor has it they have found a new home but, It's just hasn't been announced yet. You know how rumors go.
    I think Mansfield Speedway in Ohio or Brownstown (IN) Could hold a huge car count & be a good fit for this race. It wouldn't surprise me if Cody where to try and acquire the event.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I had been going to the event since 2000. It was a good show had. I wish it would have stayed a Saturday night Sunday show. Also when they went to 3 days the car counts dropped. They also dropped when they went to a Friday and Saturday show. Also the weather started to get crappy as well. I remember in 2003 we went and they had 175 emods and 79 super lates. Also the fan count was pretty good. Maybe Waynesfield Raceway Park could do it. Keep it a Modified race and pay 20,000 to win 500 to start tow money of 100 and make it a 1 day show with hotlaps/ qualifing starting at 5 and heats at 7:30p.m. and run.

I think Mansfield Speedway in Ohio or Brownstown (IN) Could hold a huge car count & be a good fit for this race. It wouldn't surprise me if Cody where to try and acquire the event.

From the rumor I heard it was going to be a track in Illinois. I also heard it was going back to a 2 day show.

Can you tell us which track???

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Good Question. I'd like to know as well.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

My question is why did Eldora stop hosting this race?

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Good Question. I'd like to know as well.
    Not yet but, after Thursday may know if the rumor is even true. I know I55 has special event TBA on their schedule for Oct 5th and 6th so, that makes one wonder if it's I55 especially knowing Schrader and Stewart are friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    From the rumor I heard it was going to be a track in Illinois. I also heard it was going back to a 2 day show.
    Ah come on... You know sumpthin' don't ya? Is it Lincoln??