Thread: Starva

Default Starva

What are your Guys' thoughts on this new technology and how long will it last? If Kevin Rumley would have started this technology, no way would it survive for long. For the record, as of now the Landers team is NOT using this. I'm also not going to go over a list of drivers who are. Just wanted to see the take from people on here.

It is in the rules that GPS is illegal, why they are allowing this is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    It is in the rules that GPS is illegal, why they are allowing this is unknown.
    Agreed. I seen someone on Twitter suggest that JD slap a Strava decal on their wrap and it would be outlawed immediately lol...and I meant to say Strava. The spell check got me.

There have been apps for GPS lap tracking for years.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Oh yes. Another poor JD conspiracy. Cry me a dam river. I am a fan of him, so please save the poor me crap. Dude has probably the most well funded team at this time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I used Strava for years in my mountain biking days. It's pretty useful especially to see how much the car/track falls off over the course of the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    What are your Guys' thoughts on this new technology and how long will it last? If Kevin Rumley would have started this technology, no way would it survive for long. For the record, as of now the Landers team is NOT using this. I'm also not going to go over a list of drivers who are. Just wanted to see the take from people on here.
    How could anyone gain an unfair advantage with the strava app, gps, or any other tracking software? Why is that stuff illegal? Legit question.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    How could anyone gain an unfair advantage with the strava app, gps, or any other tracking software? Why is that stuff illegal? Legit question.
    Not saying it can't be relayed in other ways like hand signals, but say the questioned devise or app could directly relay that info (like lap times or track positions of other cars) directly to a driver in real time? That would give an advantage to him.

Would knowing you got a 2.8 second lead in the closing laps or knowing you are .2 second faster on top then bottom, help?

Some of these things are, will, or can eventually be getting close to having radios, which most series don't allow so to me outlawing this type of stuff is more like an extension of the radio rules

I see. I didn't realize there was a way for drivers to get the information direct and in real time. Still seems flakey to me though but probably because I dont know anything of the app. I'd think you could get all the same info to a driver through hand signaling and race moniter. Not as precise, sure, but close enough. Extension of the radio rules is a logical way of seeing it

What kind of data could it provide besides lap time to help? I wouldnt put it past some drivers already using race monitor on cautions checking...But I would think most the top tier drivers can feel the time difference in lines on the race track, one of the reasons they are top tier drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    What kind of data could it provide besides lap time to help? I wouldnt put it past some drivers already using race monitor on cautions checking...But I would think most the top tier drivers can feel the time difference in lines on the race track, one of the reasons they are top tier drivers...
    There are guys winning many races that can't tell 3 tenths.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There are guys winning many races that can't tell 3 tenths.
    Agreed..but no matter the tenths guys that search around will run the line where the cars come closer to them instead of getting further away from them...