Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyd's Recap

Default Boyd's Recap

Is Boyd's a one lane track?
    Why didn't JD or Richards win?
    Pierce got a 10th place finish. Is that really bad on a first time track?
    Was the last lap pass, because of a racy track or a soft tire on Bloomer?
    Does this win for EPJ make him unbeatable now?

One lane? Almost, you have to be set up to stay on that bottom lane. The soft right front and no cushion flags, set Bloomer up to push and EPJ just took advantage of it

Not JD or Richards favorite track and no sand like Fl.

Pierce will have around 20 tracks, this year, that he has never been on or very little time on them. I guess that and a new car, is reason enough, not to win them all. I didn't see his dad in pictures. Was he there?

You have to be set up to stay on that bottom lane. The soft right front and no cushion flags, set Bloomer up to push and EPJ just took advantage of it.

This is a home track for EPJ. He won it last year with Dunn Benson, leading all laps and lost after that.

Boyd's track prep is atrocious!!!! Never do anything to the dirt, spray a little water on it & call it a racing surface. It was slicked over before hot laps were half way done, NO THANK YOU!!! Will not be back!!

Quote Originally Posted by tndirttrackin View Post
    Boyd's track prep is atrocious!!!! Never do anything to the dirt, spray a little water on it & call it a racing surface. It was slicked over before hot laps were half way done, NO THANK YOU!!! Will not be back!!
    Come on dude that track was bad a$$. Unbelievable race with a last lap pass for the win. Slick tracks are good tracks. Watching those guys maneuver and search all over the track was awesome. I don’t see how anyone there could be disappointed. Oh yeah, and when the track is slick... where were the XR1s????

Last night was by far the best racing I've at boyds in a long long time. They could run high, middle and low if they wanted to I was worried that it would have been one groove on the bottom but it was not

One says “atrocious” track conditions, one says best in a long time. Is anyone besides me confused ? And yes, it’s early and it’s EPJ’s home turf but has it crossed anyone’s mind that the last few years subpar performance for Dunn Benson may not have been all attributable to Earl?

Welll it sounds like track prep was a little better than it has been being but I have been there 3 times in the last couple of years I haven't seen a race yet and on top of that if it's a big race you got park down the road at a church or something and they bus you in its one of those things that is more trouble than it's worth.

Someone is lying!

So was the track good or bad?

Must have been bad sense the superman couldn't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Must have been bad sense the superman couldn't handle it.
    He qualified bad. Happens to everyone.

Exciting race. I wasn't there, but from the video the track looked fine. Happy for EPJ. Bloomer and Madden ran well.

I was worried they might need 12 provisionals like WoO does when the Lucas boys come to their series. Didn't happen though. Maybe tonight.

So which Lucas guys are DoD going to tell us are going to WoO now? JD? Clint Bowyer Racing? Bob Pierce? Come on DoD! Ask the question so someone can say maybe and you can blow it out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by tndirttrackin View Post
    Maybe dirt late models just isn't your thing.... That track was great. Cars were side by side from the very bottom to the wall. There was hardly any dust, and cars could pass on any inch of it. I'm not really sure what you're looking for in a track if you didn't enjoy that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Exciting race. I wasn't there,

I was worried they might need 12 provisionals like WoO does when the Lucas boys come to their series. Didn't happen though. Maybe tonight.
    Interesting....please tell us which WoO race, Lucas race, or any race you attended where there were 12 provisionals. I know it's out of hand but 12??

If there were 12 provisionals, everyone got their $$$ worth because then there were 12 very good drivers plus all the touring drivers on the track.

Lucas and WoO both do it. Have to....those teams have a ton of $$ invested and people show up to see them.

Don't like it anymore than you, but part of the landscape in today's dlm world.

Nevermind the "tell us" part. I don't care 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Birky.Fan View Post
    So was the track good or bad?
    Sounds like the track prep is nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Sounds like the track prep is nonexistent.
    Water the track, PLEEEEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Interesting....please tell us which WoO race, Lucas race, or any race you attended where there were 12 provisionals. I know it's out of hand but 12??

If there were 12 provisionals, everyone got their $$$ worth because then there were 12 very good drivers plus all the touring drivers on the track.

Lucas and WoO both do it. Have to....those teams have a ton of $$ invested and people show up to see them.

Don't like it anymore than you, but part of the landscape in today's dlm world.
    I think I hurt his feelings so I should be on ignore, but if it’s WoO or Rocket, no facts or common sense needed.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I thought it was a pretty good race from where I was at. Three different leaders, the winner passed three or four cars in the final 2 or 3 laps, some guys came from the back to post good finishes.

To each his own. Personally I like a dry slick or rubbered up from top to bottom with no cushion and others like a heavy fast track with a 2 foot tall cushion 18" from the guardrail. I admit a cushion makes for excitement but im not a fan personally. That could be because a cushion has cost my favorite driver well over 30 wins. I used to think he didnt have the balls to get up there but after understanding the feel he likes, his car just wont work on a cushion.

Black slick top to bottom, and "Rubber-ed up" are two different things.

Give me the black slick, and no dust all day long.

Although the black slick is a precursor to the rubber-ed up track. Usually, but not always.

Heavy tracks with big cushions, boring, they all have 900 hp, and all of them are not afraid of the loud pedal. Equals no passing, no nothing, just a lot of noise, and mud slinging.

Just say no...