Thread: Gen X Lift bar

Default Gen X Lift bar

Have an '11 Mastersbilt GenX. The setup sheets are not great. Where are you guys bolting the shock and spring to on the lift bar? On our old rocket, we always ran it in the hole closest to rearend, but can't find much info on the GenX. Any other important GenX info would be appreciated!

I use a Birkhofer lift bar on mine (a 2014). The hole I use is farthest from the rearend, and it ends up being around 37". There is only one other hole, exactly four inches back. I ran it in that hole some when I used the same lift bar on a Smackdown. I actually liked the feel of it it back there and am thinking of trying it again this year.

Agreed on the set-up sheets. I think they said 36" with a 325# spring if 6.00 gear or more.

34" is a good starting spot for about any car and go from there. Length is somewhat tied to rear weight and rest of set up as well as spring rate of T/A. Generally speaking the following is a rough guideline but as with many things not always true or the best for your situation:

Typically farther to the rear:
    Higher rear %
    Stiffer T/A spring
    Medium front shock rebounds

Typically farther to the front:
    lower rear %
    softer T/A spring
    High or extreme front shock rebounds

What do you mean by T/A spring? Sorry for my stupidity lol, I'm 17 and just moved up from the FWD class so I have a lot to learn.

I took it to mean traction assist, but may mean something else. Either way, I'm certain he's referencing the 5th coil rate.

And trust me when I say there are no stupid questions. I know it's a saying, but at least you're asking and wanting to learn. Our sport needs more driver's moving up over time, to keep it going. There are a lot of intelligent racers who will respond on here, so keep them coming. And good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by genx5 View Post
    What do you mean by T/A spring? Sorry for my stupidity lol, I'm 17 and just moved up from the FWD class so I have a lot to learn.
    I am guessing T/A mean Torque Arm aka 5th Arm.

^^^ Ah, yes! I now change my guess.

Traction assist? Where do I come up with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I am guessing T/A mean Torque Arm aka 5th Arm.
    Correct, short for torque arm.

I couldn't care less (for the most part) where the bottom is (32, 34, 36, 38") it really effects mostly the rate of the spring, what matters IMO is the top distance and the left to right on top or bottom. You could weld the dam thing at the arm for all I care most of the time, unless I move the top more then 2" or so on a regular basis.

is it best to have the top angled forward or backwards in relation to the bottom of the fifth coil ?

and please explain left or right on the top or bottom