Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Florence Speedway New Alcohol Policy

For those planning on attending the Spring 50 at Florence Speedway. Alcohol will no longer be allowed to be carried in at any event. More information can be found on the Florence Speedway website.

Although this really doesn't effect me cause I only go there about once a year but I hate it for the locals. Kings are just wanting to make additional $$$$ off beer sales.

State Law, and Lawyers, don't lay this one on the Kings and Florence Speedway.

Just say no...

Really... How many beer drinkers go to the track to buy beer? Retoracle question. I don't see too many people who prefer to buy high priced beer when they can get it just right down the road.
    The law reads,
    KRS 243.020(4) provides, “[a] licensee shall not permit any consumer to possess, give away, or drink alcoholic beverages on the licensed premises that are not purchased from the licensee.”
    Now if they really didn't care or truly was apologetic for the inconvenience they would just give up the minimum sales they made and give up their license.

I usually went there 3 times a year. Now will be down to one. Wasn’t it Texas Motor Speedway that quit selling when the same law went into effect down there?
    Scott Kleindorfer

I don't know of any racetrack that allows beer to be brought in. Their might be some out there that I don't know of. I don't blame any track for not allowing it. They need to make a profit and if alcohol sales help, so be it.

Try packing a 12 pack into Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field and let us know how far you get.
    8/13/16

I like to have a couple beers whenever I'm at the track but have no problem with on site sales as long as the prices aren't overly inflated. Every year I deal with on site sales at East Bay, Bubba, Volusia, Atomic, Lernerville, Pittsburgh and Hagerstown. Go in early to save a seat then stay in the parking lot till the program begins. Not quite the bargain of buying a 12 pack for less than a dollar a can but no where close to going to see pro sports team play and getting soaked over $10 for a beer. I always found the track prices pretty much inline with what I'll pay at a local pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't know of any racetrack that allows beer to be brought in. Their might be some out there that I don't know of. I don't blame any track for not allowing it. They need to make a profit and if alcohol sales help, so be it.

Try packing a 12 pack into Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field and let us know how far you get.
    Screven, Golden Isles, Tyler County, Port Royal to name a few

HH 25, we allow beer to be brought in to Talladega, coolers are very welcome at TST as long as there is no glass. There are many tracks that allow you to bring in the suds.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Just sneak in a couple balloons full of crown black and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post

Ya no kidding no tracks in Ill for sure..man thatd be sweet but I dont mind buying from the track..3.00 aluminum bottles at tri city 4.00 if its a lucas or special show...not great but could be worse...

I understand having a couple beers at the track, but i dont see what the complaint is all about. Go to the vehicle and drink during down time. My dad has done for years at tracks in the area that doesn't allow the carry in of alcohol.

Im not a drinker, so this doesn't bother me one bit. It doesn't bother me to be around drinkers either before anyone gets all uptight.

The town gets big taxes from alcohol sales. Just business

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Although this really doesn't effect me cause I only go there about once a year but I hate it for the locals. Kings are just wanting to make additional $$$$ off beer sales.
    It’s the law, if a track sells alcohol, you cannot bring it in. Majority of the time I do not drink at the track. If I do, I’ll bite the bullet and pay few bucks for a beer or two. Doesn’t bother me at all. I’m there to watch a race anyway, not get hammered.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Josh said on Facebook, that the price will remain the same at $2 per beer. They usually run some $1 nights as well. I don't see it as price gouging at all.

It was $6 for 16oz. Beer at 2017 Joliet WOO Race. Tracks gotta make money and state wants their tax money.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Screven, Golden Isles, Tyler County, Port Royal to name a few
    Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    HH 25, we allow beer to be brought in to Talladega, coolers are very welcome at TST as long as there is no glass. There are many tracks that allow you to bring in the suds.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer
    That's great! All the power to them. Just curious. Do those tracks sell beer on sight as well?
    8/13/16

I've been to quite a few places that allow you to bring in your own beer still.

And like CnB said. Same thing with track food goes along with beer. I'm not there to eat or get hammered. I'm there to watch racing.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 03-28-2018 at 07:29 PM.

It's unheard of to bring outside beer into a track here in Iowa.

I used to bring in a few beers at Florence, but generally always buy a couple at the track also. This won't deter me from going to florence
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)