Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schlenk

Default Schlenk

Someone hire this guy. For what he has, he continues to impress! Get this hard working man with a dream a good ride and I personally think he will shine. Grass roots racing has a chance afterall.

He has a good ride. The Rayburn is as good as any car. Could use a little more backing, he impresses me as well.

if the new team has the funding, he will impress a lot of people this season. He is a wheelman for sure.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Great to get to see him run LaSalle, we don't get to see him in my wi area ever. The dude can drive. Go get the 15,000 tonite Rusty.

If someone could just give him some luck. That was going to be a great race last night between him Weiss & Babb, had his tire not went down.

ID like to see him in the Blue #1 just one week. Im giving Rusty all the credit but maybe the new Rayburn is a pretty good car? I personally watch the car on the track and to me it looks like it doesnt have the same attitude as the other cars on the track. Wish CJ and Rusty the best

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    ID like to see him in the Blue #1 just one week. Im giving Rusty all the credit but maybe the new Rayburn is a pretty good car? I personally watch the car on the track and to me it looks like it doesnt have the same attitude as the other cars on the track. Wish CJ and Rusty the best
    I told all you guys 3 years ago the newer Rayburn geometry was pretty good. As long as Rusty keeps running the new swingarm, it isn't going to have the same attitude. And that is just fine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Honestly I thought they did away from the swingarm stuff this year. He runs well with i guess you could outdated technology

Honestly I thought they did away from the swingarm stuff this year. He runs well with i guess you could outdated technology
    The newer swingarm geometry, perhaps coincidently released after Rumley's visit, is pretty good. We also learned 3 years ago that the 4 link is a piece of junk and Rumley exploited that fact.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Last I heard Rusty say, he was still running both suspensions. But if you are not really changing much else, and being consistent, I don't see car attitude changing drastically.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Car was getting a he11 of a drive off the corner last night. That cushion was rolling last night but caused 3 top 5 cars flat tires. Like to see Rusty have another good night

Car was getting a he11 of a drive off the corner last night. That cushion was rolling last night but caused 3 top 5 cars flat tires. Like to see Rusty have another good night
    He tends to not pinned on the RR as good as most. But comes off in a hurry!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I had a past promoter talk to Rusty a few years back when he was running some of the Summer Nats races and was racing in Jacksonville on this particular night and afterwards at Steak n Shake Rusty said he had been running the last couple of nights on used tires so, I could only imagine hoe good he could do with some money backing him.

Second place finnish for schlenk way to go!

A swingarm car. Unreal. Continues to impress

Congrats team CJ1. Glad to see Rusty get a finish he deserved. He made some new fans this weekend for sure. I talked to an engine tech guy in the pits and he could not believe that car was a rayburn in second place.

He just won a race in MS last week or the week before as well.

Goes to show that there isn't a lot of difference in chassis, it's all about suspension, tires, and shocks, not to mention Rusty is a heck of a driver.
    Last edited by Hoosier_Dirt; 04-01-2018 at 02:54 PM.

If you don't want a bad luck tire, you get on the cushion smooth and roll it. No flat for Babb, one of the best at a cushion. Bang it and get that bad luck tire.

We ran the new stuff at the beginning of 2016, long before the rumley visit. Rusty started running it last year. It's all Rayburn stuff and it is good
    Last edited by banolte; 04-01-2018 at 10:37 PM.