Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tazwell

Default Tazwell

If you had to pick one..
    Tazewll 10K this Saturday
    OR
    Bulls Gap 10K next Saturday ???

It's hard to beat a Nascar weekend race at Volunteer Speedway, not sure the weather is going to be race friendly this weekend, unfortunately.

Both, if you can! The speeds at Tazewell are amazing for a 1/3 mile and they should have a killer field. Always great racing at the Gap but unless the Lucas and WOO series cancel elsewhere, the field won't be as good as Tazewell.

Are they going to run or not ? Probably going to bail out like every other east Tennessee race track has done this year because its not going to be the most perfect weather for racing.

The weather forecast for Saturday at Middlesboro Ky. is rain turning into snow with a low for that night of 24 with a 80% chance, I would bet they will not run! The Taz is about 12 miles from Middlesboro, Just a hop and skip!

As of now on their Facebook, They are still planning on racing!

Quote Originally Posted by tndirttrackin View Post
    Are they going to run or not ? Probably going to bail out like every other east Tennessee race track has done this year because its not going to be the most perfect weather for racing.
    When you foot the bill for a track and pay the purse, then you can determine if a track should run or not.

It seems like this happened last yr also to alot of races
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Just watched the weather they forecast snow for Saturday.

First trip to Bulls Gap Saturday !
    Any advice ?
    Parking ?
    Seating ?
    Food ?
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    When you foot the bill for a track and pay the purse, then you can determine if a track should run or not.
    Very well said.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'd suggest paying the xtra for the pit passes at Bulls Gap if you don't have a car load. Take some chairs and sit near turn 2. Great view. They have tier parking where you can back in and watch the race from the bed of your truck which is nice but I'm pretty sure you can't see the entire back stretch from there. I don't think you'll regret sitting in turn 2, but you will get absolutely covered. I've only sat on the other side once so I can't tell you much about it other than I think they gave you an option of hard assed concrete or plastic fixed to the ground seats. As for the food, it's average track food last time I had it. One of my favorite tracks though, wish I could make it this weekend.

what weather do you people look at? Both Tazwell and Bulls Gap weather are high 70s and low 50s for both Friday and Saturday. There is a chance of rain late late Saturday night. The weather is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    what weather do you people look at? Both Tazwell and Bulls Gap weather are high 70s and low 50s for both Friday and Saturday. There is a chance of rain late late Saturday night. The weather is fine.
    Look at the dates on the posts. Thread was started last week when Tazewell was originally scheduled for and postponed.

Can you drink at Tazewell? asking for a friend

I with they'd limit the camping chairs to the top 2 or 3 rows. The last time I went there for a big race it was almost impossible to get out of the grandstands to go to the bathroom. You'd have half a dozen camp chairs, then people sitting in the actual seats, then more camp chairs.

No drinking at the Taz, But you can go out and drink at your ride as long as you don't cause a riot!

Any info tonight?

Why did they cut the purse from 10 grand to 5 grand I heard from one of the drivers they cut the purse the week before too

Dakotah Knuckles
    Mcintosh
    Olge Jr.