Davenport, Richards, Pearson upfront in Lucas Oil Points

The Eighth Annual Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model sanctioned Silver Dollar Nationals at I-80 Speedway is still aways off (July 19 thru 21) but the Lucas Oil Series points battle has already heated up. After March 24 action at the East Alabama Motor Speedway in Phenix City, Alabama, Jonathan Davenport (2016 Silver Dollar Nationals Champion) holds a razor slim five point advantage over defending series champion Josh Richards (1,455 to 1,450). “The Hurricane” Earl Pearson, Jr. is only 25 points behind Richards.

The stars of the Lucas Oil Series will be making many stops (including the GO 50 at I-80 Speedway on May 20) before heading to I-80 Speedway for the $53,000 to win Silver Dollar Nationals, obviously one of the biggest races in Dirt Late Model racing. The purse for the Lucas Oil Late Model portion of the Silver Dollar Nationals has now increased to a total of over $200,000.

Most of the best Dirt Late Model drivers in the country should be on hand for the Silver Dollar Nationals in addition to Davenport, Richards and Pearson. Some of those include defending Silver Dollar National Champion Tim McCreadie, two-time (2014 & 2015) Silver Dollar Nationals Champion Scott Bloomquist, 2013 Silver Dollar Nationals Champion Jimmy Owens and the inaugural Silver Dollar Nationals Champion Don O'Neal. Brandon Sheppard, who charged from the back of the field to finish second to McCreadie in 2017 is also expected to be on hand.

Tickets for the three days of the Silver Dollar Nationals are $20 for Thursday, $34 for Friday and $39 for Saturday with a three day for just $90. Kids (6 to 12) are $5 on Thursday, and $12 for Friday and Saturday (for General Admission or the lower ten rows of Reserved) otherwise full price.

I-80 Speedway is located one block north of Interstate 80 Exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. The Physical Address is 13909 - 238th Street, Greenwood, NE. Entrance to the track is at 13631 238th Street. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.