Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bobby Pierce adapting to numerous changes for 2018 season

https://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-p...r-2018-season/

Bobby Pierce talks about the difference in the Rocket Chassis from his Bob Pierce car, his relationship with his father, and his expectations for the 2018 season.

Thanks for sharing! Great article!

I see big things coming. There definitely making moves in the right direction

I talked to a pro power guy at LaSalle and he said that Bobby is gonna have to adjust to the huge power difference between his old motors to the new wide bore RY45 engines.

He has always ran Pro Power Chevy engines. Are the Fords that much better?

Not a Bobby fan...but wish him nothing but the best b/c the more sharks in that Lucas Championship pool the better. Same on the WoO side of things.

Could you imagine if both series have 3,4,5 drivers in a tight Championship battle from mid-July on.

This could be the year.

Keep battlin' Bobby and dial that xr1 in to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    Fords suck
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I think Bobby finally realized he aint running that cushion happy Illinois dirt. Sometimes taking a$$whippings make you better. He seems good in spirit and I wish him luck. Bobby is a wheel man and will get in victory circle this season. He is young and had to pay his dues but I still think he could win a Lucas race this season

I think with everything new he is having some respectable runs so far this year.

Seen an in car camera of him in his heat at either Boyds or EAMS , I think Boyds and you could hear him buzzing the tires all the way down the straightaway..the car is def not down in the track...

Its taking longer than I thought for him to post a w, but it's gonna happen.........and when it does I think it will come in bunches.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Its taking longer than I thought for him to post a w, but it's gonna happen.........and when it does I think it will come in bunches.
    Yeperz... Just as soon as they give him the go ahead to rip up some equipment hahahahaha.............

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Fords suck
    That flat torque curve with tons of HP really ticks off the Bowtie crowd...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Fords suck
    YEP , they have sucked the wind right off them cheby sails....lololol

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    Most of Bobby's engine selection was not that big by any standard. In general, the Fords are considered a much better piece at the present.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    , the Fords are considered a much better piece at the present.
    I knew one day you would come around !!!!

There is a big difference in engines, not just Ford to Chevy but all engines. A old friend that worked for NASCAR told me a story once about back in the day about Dale sr and Tony Eury sr. In them days Daytona was the first race and Martinsville came shortly after. At Daytona Dale says,"not enough horsepower, Im flat footing all the way around and losing ground." The next week at Martinsville, Dale says, "I can't touch the gas coming out of the corner or it will spin out." Tony says,' ah ha, too much horsepower".

I believe the Pierces only had one used engine over 400 cid and had to save it for the big tracks. The other was bullring engines used for all them northern bullrings. A lot less finesse is needed with the small engine. The draw back is when you go to a small engine track and it rained and made it a big engine track. You can turn them up a bit, but it wastes refresh money. If your smart on the big engine, you have your port profiler make you a set of restrictor plates to calm it down for different tracks. Restricting and keeping fuel suspended, can be a tricky process. These are just some of the hurtles when changing equipment. I know a racer that had trouble after a header change. Just the sound threw him off.

Here we go with the engine BS again

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    There is a big difference in engines, not just Ford to Chevy but all engines. A old friend that worked for NASCAR told me a story once about back in the day about Dale sr and Tony Eury sr. In them days Daytona was the first race and Martinsville came shortly after. At Daytona Dale says,"not enough horsepower, Im flat footing all the way around and losing ground." The next week at Martinsville, Dale says, "I can't touch the gas coming out of the corner or it will spin out." Tony says,' ah ha, too much horsepower".

I believe the Pierces only had one used engine over 400 cid and had to save it for the big tracks. The other was bullring engines used for all them northern bullrings. A lot less finesse is needed with the small engine. The draw back is when you go to a small engine track and it rained and made it a big engine track. You can turn them up a bit, but it wastes refresh money. If your smart on the big engine, you have your port profiler make you a set of restrictor plates to calm it down for different tracks. Restricting and keeping fuel suspended, can be a tricky process. These are just some of the hurtles when changing equipment. I know a racer that had trouble after a header change. Just the sound threw him off.
    Valid points Bubs but I would think your seat of the pants feel you could adjust in a night or two..especially with the driving caliber of Bobby...

These builders now dyno these engines on 3-4 different tunes. Timing, carburetor etc. If the track slicks up he will have you a tune sheet and maybe change the timing. Or just do it like Scott and take off a plug wire lol