Default Lithium Ion batteries

I have heard from a lot of people that these things are a huge liability and have cost them wins etc... but it seems like all of the top guys have "go lithium" stickers on the car..Any of you guys have experience with these? Do they work?

I can tell you they work great until they don't. We ran one that we got second hand from another racer. we ran it for a little over half a season and then we were running second and better than the leader when a red came out of tasty would be the night. Car was idling they turned the yellow on driver went to take off car died as he was pitting it in gear completely dead nothing. Got pushed in loaded up went home. In the shop hot the reset button and battery was fine. I think the same thing happened to josh Richards in Georgia this year before a heat or feature. Needless to say were not running one currently lol

I've heard (down the grape vine) that it has caused Bloomer issues and Richards (like you said^^) issues, yet they all still have the sticker on the car. maybe the sticker is the only thing they are running and they have a spray painted turbostart in the car lol

And from what I understand guys are now running two of them together, each needing it's own separate charging leads, and some humongous looking selector switch that is apparently from the boat racing world. It lets you select battery #1, #2, or even the two together for extreme needs (but I don't believe you are supposed to run the car with both on, just to start?).

that'd be just battery select switch. You can run both at same time on boat but them are deep cycle 12v. Selector is off, 1, both, 2. Think mine for boat ran around $80

Bloomer did an interview or ad for them and mentioned they are light enough that he can run two.

anybody ever heard of a dyna-batt? theyre really small and just wondering if theyre any count

Just got a Braile 18lbs. agm battery. Cranked engine over well so far. Anyone have any input on these?

Hello,Please give me a minute to clear up some things about GO Lithium batteries. The first thing I can say is we manufacturer the most durable and cost effective racing battery a team can purchase. All lithium batteries are not the same, not by any measure. The gentleman who had issues with his lithium battery at the track was NOT running a GO Lithium battery and Richards has certainly never had one in his car. Our batteries do not have a reset switch. I understand Richards might be experiencing problems with his lithium battery but its not a GO lithium product. Scott loves the battery as do most of the top Lucas Oil/Woo regulars. These are intelligent men who don't make poor product choices for teams. We are very proud to be on board,helping them win races and championships. Thank you, DougIf anyone has any questions or concerns please give us a call @800-393-9951
    Last edited by LithiumGO; 06-15-2018 at 07:33 PM.