Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 5th Annual St Louis U Pic A Part 100 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 4/28/18 @ Macon

It is never too early to plan ahead. In just a couple of short weeks on Saturday, April 28th, the cars and stars of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series return to Macon Speedway for the 5th Annual St. Louis U Pic A Part 100. The very best in Super Late Model racing will be on hand with their 850+hp earth shaking, heart stopping Super Late Models going 2 and 3 wide for 100 laps around the 1/5 mile bullring competing for the $12,000 top prize, trophy, bragging rights. Also on the program are the Billingsley Elite Wash DIRTcar UMP Modifieds racing for $1,000 to win and the UMP B-Mods. Don't miss it! More information will be available at maconracing.com

I'm looking forward to this weekend! Tri city Friday Macon Saturday! My first racing since going to East bay!

Definitely a can't miss event. If you have never been to Macon Speedway before, this is absolutely a GREAT event for your first ever visit. There is nothing quite like the close confines of Macon and the great 2 and 3 wide racing it produces. If you cannot be there, order the DirtonDirt PPV as it will be the next best option to being there as the production value is second to none.
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is heading to Macon Speedway on Saturday, April 28 for the St. Louis U Pic A Part 100. See Scott Bloomquist., Bobby Pierce, Jonathan Davenport Motorsports, Shannon Babb Racing, Josh Richards, and many other Super Late Model stars! Full details below... Saturday, April 28 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series St. Louis U-Pic-A-Part 100 Divisions: Lucas Oil Late Models Billingsley Elite Wash Modifieds-$1,000 To Win B-Mods Times: Pits: 3:00 Stands: 4:00 Local Pill Draw Ends: 5:50 Hotlaps: 6:00 Racing: 7:00 Grandstand Pricing: Adults – $30 Children 11 & Under – $5 Hotel: Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham 217-864-9311 Mention Macon Speedway Discount https://www.facebook.com/MaconRacing...6748654672192/

This is going to be a barn burner! Cannot wait for this one. Macon does not disappoint when the lights shine bright!

Check out the Facebook event for the 5th Annual St. Louis U Pic A Part 100 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event, invite your friends, and help spread the word about this huge event Saturday night, April 28th. https://www.facebook.com/events/1908966609132041/

I'm really hoping I get to make my first trip to the bull ring this weekend. This place has been on my bucket list for years. I normally don't get to excited about seeing a new race track, but id be lying if I said I wasn't just s little bit pumped up to go.

For those who cannot be at Macon Speedway this Saturday night for the 5th Annual St. Louis U Pic A Part 100 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event but still want to watch the entire racing program, head to dirtondirt.com and order the live PPV package and you will be able to see every lap of racing LIVE. OF COURSE if you can make the trip to Macon I highly recommend it as you will not be disappointed in the tight quarters, fast, wheel to wheel racing.

https://www.facebook.com/DirtonDirt/...5650661757736/
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

Be my first trip to macon this weekend, going to tricity the night before but will have all day to enjoy macon Saturday. hows the seating and tailgating situation there? are you able to blanket off a few seats when the stands open at 4, couldnt find anything on reserved seating? and far as parking, does it allow for grilling out? Either way can't wait to see this place in person, been on top of my list of tracks to get to for a few years here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs_07 View Post
    Be my first trip to macon this weekend, going to tricity the night before but will have all day to enjoy macon Saturday. hows the seating and tailgating situation there? are you able to blanket off a few seats when the stands open at 4, couldnt find anything on reserved seating? and far as parking, does it allow for grilling out? Either way can't wait to see this place in person, been on top of my list of tracks to get to for a few years here.
    As far as seating is concerned you'll want to set as close to the middle of the straightaways as you can. If you set in turn 4 or 1 you'll be getting pelted with mud balls until the track slicks off and even then if someone hits the cushion you'll get some dirt thrown you way. The back straightaway has your back to the late day sun which makes the sight lines on the back stretch a little less tedious until the sun goes down but that only lasts through some of the heat races. We always set on the front straight but there are many who don't want to look into the sun early in the program.

Unless ol' Sarge has changed things very recently you can tape down a blanket later on the morning or early afternoon of the race. If you can't be there earlier in the day you should have little problem taping down a blanket in a good viewing spot in the stands if you're in line when the spectator gates open at 4 PM.

As far as tailgating is concerned Mighty Macon has a great atmosphere for all of that. You won't be alone. There is usually a whole bunch of grilling and partying going on in the parking lot.

The big show's at Mighty Macon are some of the most fun you can have a race track We'll be there grilling and having a beer or two. You're gonna' love it!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 04-23-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Will they be running Mods at Macon too????

Pretty sure you can put down blankets at tri city too..not sure what time the gates open...

The wife and myself gonna make it up this year for the first time. Been to tracks all over this great country of ours, just have never put Macon together til this year. Gotta work til bout midnite Friday, grab a couple winks, then head out from Georgia. Kinda hoping somebody put me down a blanket early morning for a good seat lol. We probably get in by 3 or so I hope. See u guys and hope it’s a dandy

BE THE ROYAL FAMILY FOR THIS SATURDAY'S St. Louis U Pic A Part 100 at Macon Speedway. Saturday's event features the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series plus Modifieds & B-Mods... LIKE & COMMENT on the Facebook post at https://www.facebook.com/MaconRacing...type=3&theater (look for the photo below) for your chance to be the Macon Speedway Royal Family. Don't forget to SHARE as well to help spread the word. Winner will receive a four pack of tickets to this Saturday's event. The lucky winner will be announced Friday night!

Is there an order of events listed for this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Is there an order of events listed for this weekend?
    It's usually B-mods, A-mods, Late Models.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

LUCAS OIL LATE MODELS SET FOR ILLINOIS DOUBLEHEADER BATAVIA, OH (April 24, 2018) - The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will make their presence known in the “Land of Lincoln” this weekend, returning to Tri-City Speedway and Macon Speedway for a pair of $12,000-to-win events. The weekend doubleheader to wrap up the month of April will kick off on Friday, April 27 at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL, followed by an appearance at Macon Speedway in Macon, IL on Saturday, April 28. At both venues, the nation’s top dirt late model drivers are expected to challenge a strong field of local and regional standouts. “Tri-City and Macon have a history of producing some of the most exciting events of the season,” said Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Director, Rick Schwallie. “The level of competition this season has been second-to-none. The Midwest has some of the toughest competitors anywhere in the country. Fans are in store for a very exciting weekend of racing.” Tri-City Speedway is a 3/8-mile oval located just north of St. Louis, MO. The Busch 50 will include a complete program of: Miller Welders Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, and a 50-lap, $12,000-to-win main event. For more information, visit: www.tricityspeedway.net. The action will shift to Macon Speedway on Saturday night for the highly-anticipated St. Louis U-Pic-A-Part 100. The 1/5-mile bullring is accustomed to some of the most thrilling, door-to-door racing action of the season. The event will feature Miller Welders Time Trials, Heat Races, and B-Mains, highlighted by a 100-lap, $12,000-to-win main event. To learn more, visit: www.maconracing.com. Jonathan Davenport continues to set the pace in the Lucas Oil championship chase, 75-points ahead of defending National Champion, Josh Richards. With his recent success, Scott Bloomquist is now third, followed by Earl Pearson Jr. and Tim McCreadie rounding out the top five in championship standings. Lucas Oil Championship Standings: POS CAR # DRIVER NAME HOMETOWN POINTS TRAIL BY 1 49 Jonathan Davenport Blairsville, GA 2120 2 1R Josh Richards Shinnston, WV 2045 -75 3 0 Scott Bloomquist Mooresburg, TN 2005 -115 4 1 Earl Pearson Jr. Jacksonville, FL 1980 -140 5 39 Tim McCreadie Watertown, NY 1780 -340 6 71 Hudson O'Neal Martinsville, IN 1745 -375 6 20 Jimmy Owens Newport, TN 1745 -375 8 5 Don O'Neal Martinsville, IN 1720 -400 8 32 Bobby Pierce Oakwood, IL 1720 -400 10 40B Kyle Bronson ® Brandon, FL 1715 -405 11 14 Darrell Lanigan Union, KY 1695 -425 12 22 Gregg Satterlee Indiana, PA 1630 -490 13 1s Brandon Sheppard New Berlin, IL 1620 -500 14 25Z Mason Zeigler ® Chalk Hill, PA 1535 -585 15 28 Dennis Erb Jr. Carpentersville, IL 1530 -590 Track Information: Tri-City Speedway Phone Number: 618-931-7836 Track Promoters: Kevin & Tammy Gundaker Location: 5100 Nameoki Road, Granite City, IL 62040 Website: www.tricityspeedway.net Macon Speedway Phone Number 217-764-3000 Track Promoter: Bob Sargent Location: 205 North Wiles, Macon, IL 62544 Website: www.maconracing.com Tire Rule April 27th - 28th: Left Rear/Fronts - Hoosier LM20 Right Rear - Hoosier LM20, LM40 *Must use the same set of 4 tires for Time Trials, Heat Races, and B-Main. *For the A-Main, competitors may use a new right rear tire. *Cutting and/or siping of any tire IS allowed. Event Purse: 1. $12,000, 2. $5,500, 3. $3,500, 4. $2,750, 5. $2,250, 6. $1,800, 7. $1,500, 8. $1,300, 9. $1,200, 10. $1,100, 11. $1,075, 12. $1,050, 13. $1,025, 14. $1,000, 15. $1,000, 16. $1,000, 17. $1,000, 17. $1,000, 19. $1,000, 20. $1,000, 21. $1,000, 22. $1,000, 23. $1,000, 24. $1,000 For the latest breaking news concerning the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, including the latest series standings, 2018 tour schedule, driver information, and more visit the official website at: www.lucasdirt.com.

Went to Fairbury last year for the first time, I gotta get to Macon next.

Dang was hoping for a quick show with a 3 hour drive home afterwards