Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting My Bucket List Together

Ok so my family has been in some discussions lately about races we would like to attend over the next 10-15 years and we are trying to put together a bucket list of race tracks that we haven't been to. We have been to Eldora and we always go to Cherokee and we use to go to Thunder Valley in Lawndale NC before they shut it down and weve been to the dirt track at Charlotte a handful of times for different shows up there.

The East Bay/Volusia swing.

Knoxville, the mag, smokey mountain

I would recommend Lucas Oil Speedway for the Show Me 100. Also if you don't mind other forms of dirt racing the Knoxville Nationals(410) and Indiana Sprint Week are both great.

Sounds like you've enjoyed what the South has to offer, and even as far north as Eldora, so a trip to FALS (Fairbury) seems like the obvious vote for me. Brownstown (Indiana) is another historic track that should be on everyone's list.

Here are some other good choices not listed above:

USA Nationals @ Cedar Lake Speedway
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway
    Ironman 55 @ Pevely Raceway
    Herald & Review at Macon Speedway
    Supernationals @ Boone Speedway
    Lucas Oil Late Model @ Granite City, IL

Those are some pretty good ideas for the bucket list for sure. I have always wanted to go to Cedar Lake, FALS, Brownstown, Knoxville for both the sprints and the lates, the mag is definitely goin on the list smokey mountain is not that far from us and i have been pondering riding up there for a weekend and catch a race and then go to the wilderness at the smokies to make it a full weekend.

The whole speedweeks deal in feb is what we have been thinkin about doing renting an RV and just taking off and goin down and traveling to the different tracks once we retire in 30 yeras lol but in the short term we have been discussing take a weekend to eastbay then the next year goin to volusia and then going to bubbas and screven

what other races sprints or late models would you recommend cause i love both late models and sprints especially the woo sprints but im open to any form of dirt racing to be honest

Since you are a sprint car fan, Knoxville is a must. Also, either PA or OH Sprint Speedweeks would be another week long excursion that will not disappoint
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Gotta go to Fairbury at least once. Went last year for the first time, I loved it. Tyler County for the die hards, good side by side racing.

My bucket list would include

Knoxville (Both late models and sprints).
    Lernerville (It's not that far away from me but I've yet to go, maybe that'll change this year).
    Eastbay
    Volusia
    The Mag

ark-la-tex
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Catch a week of the Summer Nationals.

Thanks for the tracks and list guys this has been awesome and yes the ohio and pa speedweeks for sprints sounds like a load of fun
    The summer nationals seems interesting as well have always wanted to do that too

Ark la Tex not familiar with that pink floyd help me out and tell me more

The ones I've got on my bucket list to attend is.
    Arklatex
    Wheatland
    Senoia
    Blue Ridge
    Tazewell
    Cherokee
    Salina Highbanks

Ill put those on my bucket list too with the exception of Cherokee its in my backyard lol

Cherokee has the fuel late models and the ump modifieds this weekend May 4th Woo invades the place your momma warned you about and then July 6th Lucas comes for the grassy smith memorial

Jackson 100, Lawerenceburg, and a 3 wide Batesville

Ok sounds like i will put them on there what about Florence is it worth it and is the museum worth going to i want to go to the sprint car museum and its in Knoxville right

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Ok sounds like i will put them on there what about Florence is it worth it and is the museum worth going to i want to go to the sprint car museum and its in Knoxville right
    Most definitely hit Florence for the North/South!! It's a great weekend of racing with passing points and you get your money's worth in racing.

If you are in to sprint cars the best place (even according to Johnny Gibson and also voted best track for sprints) is River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, ND. High banked 1/4 mile. We have been going to the Knoxville Nationals (410 sprints) every year since 2004 and I still am more excited to see the races in Grand Forks more than Knoxville. The speed is unbelievable and it is hard to keep up with the running order at Grand Forks when there is 24 WoO Sprints on the track.

The WoO Late Models are pretty awesome at Grand Forks too. There is so much going on in the A mains, especially with lap traffic.

I80's Silver Dollar Nationals is awesome.
    Cedar Lake is fun.
    Brown County Speedway in Aberdeen was a good show for the Lucas Lates last year.

Cool that sounds like an awesome time never been to North Dakota that would be an awesome trip