Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Donald McIntosh to have new ride this weekend

https://insidedirtracing.com/donald-...-this-weekend/

McIntosh will drive for Big Frog Motorsports this weekend

As expected that combination of motor and chassis he chose didn't last long.

So, after the Whitener/Dixon deal, Dixon is OUT.......hmmmmm!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Can't say I'm surprised he's doing something different.

I was hoping to see that thing run at tri-city! Oh well they tried

I hope this works out for Donald as hes a really talented driver. Does this team have good equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by MMLLC View Post
    I hope this works out for Donald as hes a really talented driver. Does this team have good equipment?
    Yeah. Nice stuff, they’ve been around awhile. Mark Whitener was their driver, then Devin Dixon. Hopefully Donald has found a home. Personally, unless they weren’t getting along anymore, he shoulda stayed with Blount.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I completely agree that Donald should've stayed with Blount but I don't believe they wanted to run a national tour. Blount has great equipment for these regional series. Donald is one of my favorite young drivers and I was stunned when he left Blount to go to a new chassis and motor....

Quote Originally Posted by MMLLC View Post
    Good equipment. Very limited super LM experience.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It was pretty dumb leaving Blount so that he can run a week of a National series. Just sayin...

Everyone seems to think Donald was stupid for leaving Blount.

Consider a couple facts and then put yourself in his place and see what you would do.

Donald wants to become a professional race car driver. At Blount he got $200 and a pit pass per race. Win or DNQ , Donald got $200. Can't make much of a living at $200 to $600 per week three fourths of the year.

Donald wanted to grow his skills by competing against tougher competition (National vs Regional) Blount wanted to stay regional and not follow national competition. No question, the Blount ride is a top quality ride, but if the car owner and the driver don't have the same goals, does good equipment really matter that much?

Seems to me the young man has some good goals, and I am impressed with the courage it took to make the decision he made. I just don't understand how the keyboard jockeys here can fault him and declare failure less than 3 months in to the season.

I think I would have tested the waters a bit differently. Unproven chassis and motor following Lucas is a big step. Seems to be a pretty good driver, maybe this opportunity will pan out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by usac7 View Post
    Everyone seems to think Donald was stupid for leaving Blount.

Consider a couple facts and then put yourself in his place and see what you would do.

Donald wants to become a professional race car driver. At Blount he got $200 and a pit pass per race. Win or DNQ , Donald got $200. Can't make much of a living at $200 to $600 per week three fourths of the year.

Donald wanted to grow his skills by competing against tougher competition (National vs Regional) Blount wanted to stay regional and not follow national competition. No question, the Blount ride is a top quality ride, but if the car owner and the driver don't have the same goals, does good equipment really matter that much?

Seems to me the young man has some good goals, and I am impressed with the courage it took to make the decision he made. I just don't understand how the keyboard jockeys here can fault him and declare failure less than 3 months in to the season.
    Of course if you wanted to go a different direction, by all means, go for it for sure. Also possible they weren’t getting along real well anymore. And yeah, Blount wants to stay regional.

And I may be just a keyboard jockey in your opinion. But, if I’m going from regional racing with a good proven team, to national level with an unproven chassis and motor, that’s not a good decision in anyone’s eyes. Try it regionally and see how it goes, and go from there. Yeah, you gotta take chances, but sometimes some seem wreckless and/or careless. My opinion this just wasn’t a smart decision.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I bet Casey is getting more than $200 per race but I could be wrong

I don’t so much mind the move to a national touring series if that’s what your goals are...the head scratcher to me, as some have already said, was the move to and unproven chassis and motor combo simultaneous with that switch to Lucas. Either run Lucas with a proven chassis and motor, or test the waters in the new stuff on a regional series and contend for wins on a weekly basis like he has for the past several years. All just my opinion of course... it it’s tough to see a driver as talented as McIntosh struggle so mightily because of what many would consider a questionable decision. In any case, hope he gets it back on track sooner rather than later.

Why does everyone always jump on the "need to run a proven chassis" bandwagon? If you are relying on information from someone else to make you fast, you're only ever going to be the 2nd fastest car. Id rather see people trying their own thing than see another XR1 finishing mid pack.

Picked up the win and $1500 at tricounty last night

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    Why does everyone always jump on the "need to run a proven chassis" bandwagon? If you are relying on information from someone else to make you fast, you're only ever going to be the 2nd fastest car. Id rather see people trying their own thing than see another XR1 finishing mid pack.
    How’s that combo working out for Donald?

Seems to me the young man has some good goals, and I am impressed with the courage it took to make the decision he made. I just don't understand how the keyboard jockeys here can fault him and declare failure less than 3 months in to the season.[/QUOTE]

I think if that is his dream go for it he is not getting any younger.I wish i had went after my dream when i was young. I raced about 45 years ago won alot but had to quit and my dream of racing big time was gone . GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by old17ford; 04-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Anyone know if these guys plan to continue with a partnership? It was a stellar weekend for them...