Default Lucas Oil At Macon...

Making my first trip to Macon April 28 for the Lucas show. Hoping this year it won't rain out.

Was planning on doing the same. Been wanting to make it Macon for a while now. Gonna go to tri City the night before as well.

I've been to a lot of tracks and Macon is probably my favorite short track!

You won’t be disappointed, I can tell you that.
    One of them Boyz from Illinoise

First time i went there i was like how are they going to race at this joint! Fun place to watch a race!
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

I think you're gonna' love Mighty Macon. We attend both the Lucas Oil show and the Herald & Review 100 every year along with several of the POWRi midget shows throughout the season and it's very unusual to see a sub-par show of any kind.

I'll probably get hammered for saying this but as good as the late model shows at Mighty Macon are, and they are very, very good, the midgets are as good and often better! The best show I attended all last season was a USAC National Midget event at Macon. Christopher Bell put on a show for the ages that night. Mighty Macon was originally built specifically for Midgets right after WW II by Wayne Webb and it's the best midget track I've ever been to and that includes Belle-Clair and The Chili Bowl.

The only minor criticism I have regarding Macon is Sarge has a tendency to load up on too many support classes.

Have fun, you're gonna' love the late models at Macon!
    Last edited by CIRF; 04-16-2018 at 12:37 PM.

If the race is half as good as this one I'd say it's a great show. Looks like an awesome little joint i'd love to visit sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04XI4SJBfKk

Macon flat out just races fantastic whatever class you seem to put on the track. It is simply amazing to see full bodied Super Late Models go 2 and 3 wide with such ease on the tight 1/5 mile bullring. Last year's event was fantastic. Here is the video from the track videography service Muddboss Video.

https://www.facebook.com/MuddbossVid...0509350873756/
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I think you're gonna' love Mighty Macon. We attend both the Lucas Oil show and the Herald & Review 100 every year along with several of the POWRi midget shows throughout the season and it's very unusual to see a sub-par show of any kind.

I'll probably get hammered for saying this but as good as the late model shows at Mighty Macon are, and they are very, very good, the midgets are as good and often better! The best show I attended all last season was a USAC National Midget event at Macon. Christopher Bell put on a show for the ages that night. Mighty Macon was originally built specifically for Midgets right after WW II by Wayne Webb and it's the best midget track I've ever been to and that includes Belle-Clair and The Chili Bowl.

The only minor criticism I have regarding Macon is Sarge has a tendency to load up on too many support classes.

Have fun, you're gonna' love the late models at Macon!
    You are correct. It is "slide job city" when the midgets hit the track at Macon Speedway.

I also like how the stands are so close to the track.