Default Sharon Speedway ??

I'm thinking bout going to the lucas race this week.
    Can any one tell me how the racing and seating are??
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Thanks.
    Racing is usually pretty good. Seating is mostly a modern covered grandstand on the front stretch, but there are open bleachers to eaither side of it and on the backstretch, but this backstretch bleachers require a different entrance.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Thanks.
    Nice place. If I wasn’t in the middle of home improvement stuff, I’d go. That was my home track growing up.

They had a nice facility with a mediocre surface. Couldn’t find any good clay close. So finally, two years ago Dave Blaney realized how bad it was and they got in touch with Port Royal. Beginning of last year they put in the same clay that Port Royal uses, and had Port Royals help in putting it down.

Would definitely go if you have the chance.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Personally, I miss the old half mile track. It raced very well.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Personally, I miss the old half mile track. It raced very well.
    I went there a ton as a kid. Moved to Toledo in 94. Haven't been back since. Was a great place growing up. Every time I have been to Knoxville it makes me thing of the old Sharon speedway.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    I went there a ton as a kid. Moved to Toledo in 94. Haven't been back since. Was a great place growing up. Every time I have been to Knoxville it makes me thing of the old Sharon speedway.
    Spot on man. Sharon Nationals, Tyler Walker, Greg Hodnett, Sheppard, Dale Blaney, and on and on. One of the last Nationals, if not the last on the old half mile, awesome. Think Walker won. The general manager there has really tried, and I think with the new surface, they should be on the right track I hope.

Left the area in 2000’.

Raceway 7 was very good too under Ron Nielsen.

Even though track came apart at last year's LOLMS Race due to LOTS of rain and new surface we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Sharon Speedway. Great Facility and what I believe will be a great surface.
    If the surface is anything like Port Royal you're in for a treat.
    Have Fun and be sure to check out the Beer Girl! LOL!! She's a cutie!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDirt View Post
    Even though track came apart at last year's LOLMS Race due to LOTS of rain and new surface we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Sharon Speedway. Great Facility and what I believe will be a great surface.If the surface is anything like Port Royal you're in for a treat.Have Fun and be sure to check out the Beer Girl! LOL!! She's a cutie!!
    Ditto on the beer girl. Temperatures not looking very favorable, nor is the weather leading up to it. Be bcareful if they do run, because I guarantee the parking lots and the field across the track will be an absolute swamp. It was last year, and didnt rain this much. Usually the track is pretty good. I didnt make it back after the Lucas race last year, which to say it lightly, was a sh!tshow. Nice facility, concessions are organized well. And get there early.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    Ditto on the beer girl. Temperatures not looking very favorable, nor is the weather leading up to it. Be bcareful if they do run, because I guarantee the parking lots and the field across the track will be an absolute swamp. It was last year, and didnt rain this much. Usually the track is pretty good. I didnt make it back after the Lucas race last year, which to say it lightly, was a sh!tshow. Nice facility, concessions are organized well. And get there early.
    The surface was very new, and honestly, bad timing for a Lucas race and bad weather. In saying that, they had been trying for a Lucas date for a few years, you take what you can get.

Yes, the parking will be bad. A lot like Atomic. If any of you are worried about getting stuck, back up to the fence in 3 n 4.

The surface was very new, and honestly, bad timing for a Lucas race and bad weather. In saying that, they had been trying for a Lucas date for a few years, you take what you can get.

Yes, the parking will be bad. A lot like Atomic. If any of you are worried about getting stuck, back up to the fence in 3 n 4.
    This Lucas weekend used to be Hagerstown, Winchester, and Roaring Knob. Sharon and Port Royal got the Winchester and Roaring Knob dates. Big win for the fans.

The surface was very new, and honestly, bad timing for a Lucas race and bad weather. In saying that, they had been trying for a Lucas date for a few years, you take what you can get.Yes, the parking will be bad. A lot like Atomic. If any of you are worried about getting stuck, back up to the fence in 3 n 4.
    Yeah, I know 2 years ago they tried. It rained, they cancelled, went to Lernerville, started raining as I got there. Quit raining, ran the track in and raced. If I remember right, TMac came down and ran one of Swartzlander's backup cars.

I went out there a lot back in the early 2000's when Todd Shaffer was wooping there butts on a weekly basis in the sprint car.. Won something like 13 out of 15 races.. Traveled out for the Sharon Nationals a few years in a row.. Hit Williams Grove on Friday night.. Sharon on Saturday and Sunday.. Headed back for the Labor Day Classis at Port on Monday then across Rt 35 to Selingsgrove on Monday night.. I haven't been out since they changed the track.. I think the last time I was out there is when Paul Lotier got seriously hurt and has been in a wheel chair ever since..

True. We parked against the fence on the backstretch.
    They were using tractors to pull 4 wheel Drives out of the parking lot across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    I went out there a lot back in the early 2000's when Todd Shaffer was wooping there butts on a weekly basis in the sprint car.. Won something like 13 out of 15 races.. Traveled out for the Sharon Nationals a few years in a row.. Hit Williams Grove on Friday night.. Sharon on Saturday and Sunday.. Headed back for the Labor Day Classis at Port on Monday then across Rt 35 to Selingsgrove on Monday night.. I haven't been out since they changed the track.. I think the last time I was out there is when Paul Lotier got seriously hurt and has been in a wheel chair ever since..
    Man, that was the late 80’s, early 90’s. I wanna say 1988. That record stood till the late 90’s when Rick Prosser in a well built stock car(Nova), beat it. Him and Alan Dillinger were rivals like crazy.

C&B Mushroom Farm Red&White #88. I know exactly who ya mean. Was always cool when Pa Posse guys came there. Personally, Tim Kuhn in the 2cent car was my favorite.

Thanks to all of you.
    If weather looks good I'm gonna go.