Default Crane distributor problems

Have a 1510 crane (FAST) distributor. Takes 3 wires two are your normal purple green to msd box. Red goes to 12v ignition switch. Problem is I keep blowing the distributor circuit board. It will run then quit. Everything wired correctly, has anyone had this problem? Does the engine need to be grounded to frame?

Yes the engine must be grounded to the frame. I had problems burning up temp gauges by having a loose motor mount. Check all of your mounts and make sure they are clean.

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrack87 View Post
    Have a 1510 crane (FAST) distributor. Takes 3 wires two are your normal purple green to msd box. Red goes to 12v ignition switch. Problem is I keep blowing the distributor circuit board. It will run then quit. Everything wired correctly, has anyone had this problem? Does the engine need to be grounded to frame?
    YES, run a ground strap from the engine to the chassis. If you run an alternator also run a ground from the alt case to the chassis. Voltage regulator and ignition modules will not survive with poor grounds.