Thread: Hoosier Tires?

Default Hoosier Tires?

Whats the NRM mean on the tires now?

I see you can get a couple different options, for the 1350 for instance.

Just say no...

I believe it is new rib mold.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

LOL that was to easy, i tried to get my TLA translator to decipher that, but no luck.

How do they perform? any better or worse than the old versions? Did not race last year, so kind of out of date on the tires. I seen they have a "narrow" version too.

Just say no...

The NRM has been out since at least 2012. The narrow has been out since inception then they added the NRM wide.

It was recommended to me to run ribs on the front and Lr, and an NRM on the RR. Agree? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    It was recommended to me to run ribs on the front and Lr, and an NRM on the RR. Agree? Thoughts?
    That is a pretty standard deal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

the NRM will tighten the car up quite a bit on exit, I personally like a rib tire on all 4 corners. Since they stopped making a 29.0 RIB the NRM wide is the closest thing to it. But in the defense of the NRM, I hate the way it feels but its faster on the clock.

NRW wide? so is there a NRM Narrow?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    NRW wide? so is there a NRM Narrow?
    Just regular and wide
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MBR Performance says they been out since 2012 but i swear i have never seen one. We have always run ribs, anyway a lot to get caught up on i guess.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    MBR Performance says they been out since 2012 but i swear i have never seen one. We have always run ribs, anyway a lot to get caught up on i guess.
    I remember them from 2012.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Mid season 2010 is when poskes sent me one to try and by late august it took off around here. They had a NRM-W that was out in 2012 that came pre cut and siped. It had zig zag sipes like a passenger car tire. I used it once and and few others from here ran it but i never saw it come back in 2013.

I think they were a close copy of the American racer md 56 rr construction.

We think it's an awesome tire. WE rarely blister them unless its wide open and we put a really grooved and siped tire on the RR. The tires seem to hold up well and not seal over at most every track we race at. We like it because we can groove the tire any way we think will give us the best traction. We can cut the rears with wide grooves or narrow grooves to give us the best traction. Our fronts we like to groove the tires on each rib around the tire to add more grooves. Then cut a groove spaced about every 8 inches apart diagonally across the tire. Just the way we like to do them. The drawback to the NRM is all the time it takes to groove them. You literally have to cross cut EVERY groove. That gets old quick but Hey, it hasn't killed me.....

29's on the front, with these NRMs?

I studied up on the wide, and its 1/2" wider on section width, would this be a good choice for the LR?

We have been running the NRM on the RR and i am not liking it, you seem to have to cut it up a lot to get anything out of it. Plus the ones i get are huge, rolling out in the 93" plus range, and that kills my stagger numbers

Just say no...