Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Softening the RR spring will make it travel farther but cause less weight to be put on RR so......
    If we are truly "loose" on entry and exit, softer RR might be what we need?

Quote Originally Posted by 15D View Post
    If we are truly "loose" on entry and exit, softer RR might be what we need?
    Forget about exit. If you are too loose on entry and you soften the RR you WILL get looser on entry. Fix entry first. 9 times out of 10, exit fixes itself if you can have a car that gets to and through the center good.

Just make a note he is talking about Softening RR spring will cause less wheel load. It can be confusing in a spring smasher thread where we have been talking about spring load. Springs absorb load that would otherwise be transferred into the tire. I was showing a fellow forum member this morning about how to manipulate loads and why it is important that once you know ideal travel to always shoot for that ideal travel to lessen compromises. You can end up with less spring load on a stiffer spring if you under travel then a softer spring traveling the right amount.

Softening the RR spring will make it travel farther but cause less weight to be put on RR so......

Ran a softer RR Spring, 200 vs. 250#, and dropped the J-Bar down to the bottom slot on the pinion this last week and picked up a little speed and the driver thought the car had a little more side-bite. I see that we had another 3/4" of movement for the shock tattletale and thought the car did a better job of transferring weight onto the RR. The driver thought the car was still loose on entry, and I thought he was a tad loose on exit.

Looking at putting a softer spring on this upcoming week, probably a 175#

Quote Originally Posted by 15D View Post
    Ran a softer RR Spring, 200 vs. 250#, and dropped the J-Bar down to the bottom slot on the pinion this last week and picked up a little speed and the driver thought the car had a little more side-bite. I see that we had another 3/4" of movement for the shock tattletale and thought the car did a better job of transferring weight onto the RR. The driver thought the car was still loose on entry, and I thought he was a tad loose on exit.Looking at putting a softer spring on this upcoming week, probably a 175#
    Make sure his belts are tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Make sure his belts are tight!
    I think 99.9% of us would agree!

I think he has some driver communication issues.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I think 99.9% of us would agree!

I think he has some driver communication issues.
    I'm to lazy to reread all this again but I'm gonna make a bet that he's describing lack of side bite as off the corner (IE once back into the gas and the back end is kicking out).

IMO, there is no side bite off the corner, it's a lack of LR drive

I'm to lazy to reread all this again but I'm gonna make a bet that he's describing lack of side bite as off the corner (IE once back into the gas and the back end is kicking out).

That's how I see it too!

I always equate side bite to....off the gas during corner entry!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

center-off is where I'm getting the feedback where the "side-bite" issue is. This sport is filled with a lot of slang that is misused or misinterpreted

That's how I see it too!I always equate side bite to....off the gas during corner entry!
    Agreed! Weight transferring in different direction by that point

That's how I see it too!I always equate side bite to....off the gas during corner entry!
    Agreed! Weight transferring in different direction by that point. And his softer rr spring is likely going to add to his tailing exit. if he makes it that far