Default Front hub drag/brake caliper piston spacer

On my sport mod, I run polished bearings/races in the hubs with the bearing spacers. With it race ready, I get some drag with the brakes. I've noticed with my brothers car, he has a lot less drag ready to go. The only difference I can see is he has the brake caliper piston spacers installed.

Do the spacers make that difference and free it up? Do they prevent pressure to the rotor when not applied? I don't know much about them so I gotta ask.

We just got his car and we're just comparing things. I gotta make mine better now! Lol
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

a few things. if you are not running spacers the piston can be out to far . on the back side of the brake pad there maybe a tap that is to fit the piston but when running spacers it can bind up . 2nd make sure the o rings in the caliper are still good and the bolts are not bent . if all that is good check brake lines making sure no kinks in the lines . are you running residual valves ? then I would check the brake caliper mounts for bends

I don't run the o rings in the calipers. Neither does is car. Everything has 1 season on it. I don't have a residual valve.

Make sure your bias bar is set correctly.... MC piston has to return all the way out or it can block the return bleed hole.. Also.... I would rather have mine like YOURS instead of His.... it means your rotors are running truer (run-out) than his and your brakes will work better at initial pedal pressure.... Disc brakes have no return spring / pull back , it lets the rotor push the pads away from the rotor when pressure decreases...meaning his are pushing back further... IMHO
    Last edited by north louisiana dirt; 04-22-2018 at 06:28 AM.

I raced it the other night and i didn't run into any issues. Jacked the car up and everything was free. I bet with the new brake pads, they were a little grabby.