Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Bayko, Agree 100 percent. I know a local racer here that set his car up exactly like Mark and the rocket house car team did for a race, the driver said he couldn't steer the car in a Walmart parking lot and went back to his set up.
    how can you or anyone be sure the car was set up exactly like the house car ? because mark richards said so ? he probably just gave him the generic base line set up , which is about the same through out all the manufacturers these days......

All just blowing a bunch of smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Bobby has to be one of the favorites this weekend imo. Zero is awesome at tri city but Macon has been a curveball. He has won a couple touching the cushion this year so maybe he is practicing for Macon and Florence. Think I might roll with the 32 this week in fantasy if he is group 2
    Nope. He is still in group 1 which I don't understand. Puts his diehard fans at a points disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    how can you or anyone be sure the car was set up exactly like the house car ? because mark richards said so ? he probably just gave him the generic base line set up , which is about the same through out all the manufacturers these days......
    He works at Rocket.
    Last edited by Pennsboro23; 04-23-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Must be Jared Miley?

He's not driving overly aggressive (dirty) with the new team. That's all it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    If I remember right Shepp was a cushion pounder too and him and Bobby drove a lot alike in their own equipment, is Shepp a more polished driver now after a few years on the tours yes, I never though a chassis switch would throw that big of a curveball, and I never thought car chiefs and crew chiefs play as big a part as they do now days, I guess I thought wrong...
    Brandon is still a cushion pounder when needed. As long as his XR1 stays glued to the bottom or middle groove, he's good with it but if the fast way is around the top, he's put er up there a few times this year.
    Whatevers the fastest.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    He works at Rocket.
    Thats cheating penn , lol you win...........

Change the subject a little. What heck is going on with Erb Jr. Seems to be struggling this year.

You can't just blame Bobby for running bad in the xr1s...look at owens..he has been in one for 2 years and runs like a rookie...several more have ran bad in them.....

Jimmy was 5th in points last year and running a nice second last week. Think he won a couple last year

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Must be Jared Miley?
    Jared isn't the only driver that works at Rocket.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Family money running thin?

Not selling enough shirts to pay for an entire family's income and store bought chests?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Jared isn't the only driver that works at Rocket.
    That's why I put a question mark

I have been saying for years that nobody is getting the same chassis as the "house cars" ( <------ plural ) these two have hopped into them and were immediately winning for someone to tell me anything different.
    Just like someone previously stated this is the reason why Chubb left because he couldn't get a lick of support from them, kind of horse doo way to treat your customers??

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I have been saying for years that nobody is getting the same chassis as the "house cars" ( <------ plural ) these two have hopped into them and were immediately winning for someone to tell me anything different.
    Just like someone previously stated this is the reason why Chubb left because he couldn't get a lick of support from them, kind of horse doo way to treat your customers??

I disagree, IMO Rocket will get you close. They at least will point you in the right direction and get you close to what the house team is doing. We always say you can tell who has been in Shinston lately because drivers will start running better as soon as they leave Rocket. A couple that come to mind were Zeigler, and Junghans last season. They went to rocket and ran great right after they left WV, then a month or so later they fall off again when they started doing it their way. But every driver is different and won't run as good as Brandon or Josh with similar set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    He's not driving overly aggressive (dirty) with the new team. That's all it is...
    Agree with that.. he has race cleanest I have see him race, this season. He only get better as time passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    For those of us not in the know is Danny Myers as car chief a bad thing?
    To answer you question, from someone that is “in the know” NO it is NOT a “bad thing” in any way whatsoever.

Danny was hand picked by the Lamm’s for this job. Carlton and Danny have been friends for more than 20 years. He has wanted Danny on his team for a long time and was thrilled when the opportunity presented itself to get him. Carlton was very happy with Danny’s performance and anyone that spoke with him in these last 3 months knew that. And, I do know without question, Kemp still is very happy.

In addition, I’m going to say this too, Mark Richards gets a bad rap from a lot of people and I’m sure some of that is self inflicted. However, in THIS situation, Mark has been nothing but gracious, patient, and supportive above and beyond.

Now that’s all I got to say about all that. I refuse to use social media personally or via someone else to intentionally attack, spread false information or make insinuations that belittles or damages the careers of another member of OUR sport and industry. ~ Truth will always show itself.

MrsDirtyDan thanks for the info.I dont know Danny im sure he is a good man I myself wasnt trying to be condescending in any way I was just looking for some elaboration on the subject...