Default Barry Wright 4 link spacers, lr drop

Which way do all the different 4 link spacers go on the chassis side. Also whats a good number for lr drop to start

lt rear on frame , large spacer outboard, should angle bars toed in. 4.75" drop with 175 or 200 spring . 5" with 125 spring and 16/18 " bars. Around 47 degree top bar at full droop., starting 5 th hole down.

How are u getting that drop #? From the overall to axle tube were at like 18"

He's saying center to center of the shock eyes I believe. From ride height to fully dropped you should gain 4.75 or 5". That's the way I took it at least. And those numbers are pretty typical nowadays. And sometimes more.

I do it a little different , At ride height , which I check by measuring pin to pin OR lower bar angle (with drivers weight in the car), mine is 20" , or lower bar at 6 degree up (3rd.hole down on frame)with 16" lwr. bar. Then I droop the axle 4 3/4" from upper frame bar DOT , made by Barry, down to top of birdcage. Once you establish this 4.75" use your limiter adjuster to adjust up or down. I use the Wehrs type with a pin. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Len72P View Post
    I do it a little different , At ride height , which I check by measuring pin to pin OR lower bar angle (with drivers weight in the car), mine is 20" , or lower bar at 6 degree up (3rd.hole down on frame)with 16" lwr. bar. Then I droop the axle 4 3/4" from upper frame bar DOT , made by Barry, down to top of birdcage. Once you establish this 4.75" use your limiter adjuster to adjust up or down. I use the Wehrs type with a pin. Hope this helps.
    Ah, my dad, you know what assuming can do. Lol. Measuring that way you're probably getting about 4 inches of drop center to center on the shock. When I had my bwrc I had a half inch piece of rubber bolted to the tabs on the underslung and just let that catch it. I wanted all the hike I could get. And set my top rod at 45*

How about foward drive ideas on a 09 bwrc, with 12 updates, struggle in the slick ?

What I did to my 09 was plump bobbed the front end and instead of running the rf ahead as Barry wanted i pulled the left front ahead an eighth. Went to a 350 rf 450 lf 200 or dropped all the way to the underslung with quarter inch preload, and a 400 rr. Was a rocket on a slick momentum track.

Punisher , I agree with the 1/2 rubber on the tabs with no metal, would probably be 5" drop the way I measure. Do you remember the J Bar positions with the 400 right rear? I find Barry's 1" below/ 9 1/2"Frame to tight, when I tried 250-300 RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    What I did to my 09 was plump bobbed the front end and instead of running the rf ahead as Barry wanted i pulled the left front ahead an eighth. Went to a 350 rf 450 lf 200 or dropped all the way to the underslung with quarter inch preload, and a 400 rr. Was a rocket on a slick momentum track.
    We tried up to a 300 with rubbers in it on the rr, at practice one night just never could get drive in it, went back to the 250 and 225 lr, 250 rf, 450 lf, nothing seemed to make a big difference, will real soft left rear with more bite come off better?

I never moved it from center of pinion honestly. And 8 inches of split. So whatever that worked out to on the frame. This was in 14' so alot has changed since then.

I honestly think fixing the lead in the front end was the biggest help for me.

Punisher , I read somewhere that leading the right front helps turn in, but hurts traction off the corner. Is this in line with your thoughts on leading the left front?

Mine turned in better with left front ahead. I tried it on my new c.v.r. And most definitely did not work though.

ive got an 09 and im hit and miss in the slick it seems, my biggest deal right now is trying to soften the front end as much as i can and still keep from burying the ball joint in the shock. my car loves staying laid over