Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas & WoO Sanctioned Races @ Eldora

I feel like I'll be in the minority, which is why they don't happen, but I'd really like to see both Lucas Oil and WoO go to Eldora once a year and run their program for full points. (Separate not co-sanctioned) while the Dream and World are left as UMP Dirtcar stand alones.

I think it'd be neat to have 2 more big late model races at the big E each year and each with a different format than their 2 big big shows.

I think in the past on this topic the majority of folks say Dream and World are enough, been there done that.

But for comparison, the WoO Sprints are running 7 different races there this year (which includes the 3 races that are now part of the King's Royal Weekend). {Which I will agree with anyone that says that 7 is too many. But by this same argument a lucas and WoO LM race would make a 7th and 8th big money race at Eldora, but I'm still wanting it}.
    "The Wise One"

I don't think UMP is to keen on Lucas coming in and running an event. Wasn't that how LaSalle lost there UMP sanction? Refresh our memories.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I don't think UMP is to keen on Lucas coming in and running an event. Wasn't that how LaSalle lost there UMP sanction? Refresh our memories.
    NO. That had nothing to do with Lucas. Lucas was going to LaSalle before DIRTcar put a stipulation in that they want UMP / DIRTcar tracks to run a WOO LMS events. I.E. Tri-City has Lucas events. When Tony Izzo was looking to do a second Lucas race Fairbury was supposedly his first choice and DIRTcar / UMP squashed that idea.

Personally I think a track / promoter(s) should be able to choose what series that want to bring in to their facility.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/18 TBA
    2024 Season: 6 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Lucas did run a 10,000 race there in the summer a few years back if I remember correctly.

Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are there any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 05-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are their any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...
    Yes there is.

Ok ya Bulls Gap, Port Royal, Fayetteville, Atomic to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Lucas did run a 10,000 race there in the summer a few years back if I remember correctly.
    WoO had a sanctioned race there for 2 years about Brickyard time.
    "The Wise One"

I'd like to go back when most of the big time classic races were not sanctioned. Now it's get a race, 2 day show, pay $20k, instant Crown Jewel. What a freakin joke.

Bottom line the two series need to join together and run for a minimum $30K a night, 3K to start. Its time to put the big dogs on the big stage and allow the local racers run for fun at their local track.
    Times have changed
    Last edited by In The Gas; 05-02-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Bottom line the two series need to join together and run for a minimum $30K a night, 3K to start. Its time to put the big dogs on the big stage and allow the local racers run for fun at their local track.Times have changed
    Why? Both series seem to be successful?

Why water down the prestige of the Big E?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Ok ya Bulls Gap, Port Royal, Fayetteville, Atomic to name a few
    Cherokee speedway runs both

Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are there any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...
    Tri-City and Macon already had Lucas events at their tracks before Driggers "banned" UMP tracks from scheduling Lucas Oil races. They were "grandfathered" in. I remember reading that it's because the NDRL tried to crash WoO by intentionally scheduling on top of them. Fayette County Speedway briefly lost their UMP sanctioning last year because they explored scheduling a Lucas race.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Good info Shiny, as Tyrannical as Driggers seems surprised they still have them, which im happy they do Tri City being my "home track"...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'd like to go back when most of the big time classic races were not sanctioned. Now it's get a race, 2 day show, pay $20k, instant Crown Jewel. What a freakin joke.
    Dixie Shootout = $53,000 a few years ago

How about after the Woo Finals and the DTWC lets go head to head at Eldora put the top 10 in points against each other and the winner is the National Champ or the WORLD Champ however you want to word it. The winner gets into both the Dream and World the next season with a provisional if he doesn't make it in on time or heat race placement. Pay 200K for the win and run the purse deep into the field with the last place guy bringin home 15K

You wanna race the second week of November in Ohio? lol.

Yea sure why not lol we can race on a snow covered Eldora lol i was just trying to figure out a way to get them both there maybe my dates weren't the best but hey it would be worth a shot

There are a lot of tracks in my neck of the woods (East Tennessee) that host both Lucas and WoO.
    Smoky Mountain, Bull's Gap, Tazewell (not this year, but in years past)