Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UBoB $10,000 to win at Daugherty Speedway 5/26-27

The ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series will start off the 2018 campaign with the largest purse in series history at Daugherty Speedway in Bosewell, IN. The “(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts Memorial” is scheduled for May 26th and 27th and will pay $10,000 to win and $500 to start with a total purse of $34,500. It will be the first visit to Daugherty Speedway for the ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass. The race is also a bonus race opportunity for drivers in other regions of ULTIMATE Super Late Models. All races $10,000 to win and up are considered “bonus races” as drivers from other regions can use the race to replace a lower finish in their home region.

The Memorial Day weekend event will draw the top regional Super Late Model drivers from the surrounding states as they look to claim the $10,000 pay day. Saturday, May 26th will see the Super Late Models hit the track for hot laps, qualifying, and heat races. The fastest qualifier will receive $100. All B-Mains and the $10,000 to win 50-lap (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts Memorial will be ran on May 27th. All drivers not making the feature will be paid $100 tow money.

The tire rule for the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts Memorial at Daugherty Speedway is Hoosier 1350, 1600, LM 20, LM 40, D21, and D55 and American Racer 48 and 56. The ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series will take tire samples throughout the weekend.

Full Purse – (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts Memorial – Daugherty Speedway – ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass
    1) $10,000; 2) $5,000; 3) $3,000; 4) $2,000; 5) $1,500; 6) $1,300; 7) $1,200; 8) $1,100; 9) $850; 10) $800; 11) $750; 12) $700; 13) $650; 14) $600; 15) $550; 16-24) $500 Total: $34,500
    Fastest Qualifier: $100
    Tow money for non-qualifiers: $100

For more information on the ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series visit www.ultimatesupers.com . ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass is also on Twitter at @UBoBluegrass and on Facebook at ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series.

The ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass Super Late Model Series would like to recognize their series partners for the 2018 season which include: American Racer, Hoosier Race Tires, VP Race Fuels, Arizona Sport Shirts, DirtonDirt.com, RockAuto.com, Simpson, and Thomas Clarke Performance Web Design.

Im willing to give this track another chance for this race but fool me twice and there won't be a third.

Should be plenty of room to sit

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Should be plenty of room to sit
    Top roll wide open. No lines at the food stand. and no wate time in bath rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Top roll wide open. No lines at the food stand. and no wate time in bath rooms.
    Wow! That’s being positive guys. True race supporters

I agree. Give the place another chance

I like the place, truly! Some crazy fast racing every time I've been there. Bent a shock or two, but hey...

I will say this looks like a pretty top heavy purse though. Curious to see what the car count will end up being.

The place is fine, it's the owner. Him I will NOT support under any circumstance.

Top notch facility and excellent racing... When Kamps had it. The goof running it now could care less about what he has, it would appear. Darn shame too, seen some great racing there.smh

You are dead on the money phil. And it's only 1/2 hour from my back door

Babb will win it but I might head over anyway.. Wheatland is pretty far so maybe they will have a good count

Why is the owner a goof?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Why is the owner a goof?
    He's ran off more cars and teams then body parts a human might have. Former UMP Street Stock Champion Jarred Krick lives just up the street in Earl Park, Indiana and won't race there. He race a Macon before he would race at Daugherty last year. The rules are a joke and so is his attitude.

Supposedly he owns a computer IT company in Lafayette, Indiana and possibly one other business. I think that is how he was about to afford to buy the track.

Let me tell you all this. The real reason he bought and opened up Daugherty (A.K.A. Kamp. Boswell, In) was to try and close down Shadyhill Speedway in Medaryville, Indiana and try to steal cars and teams away; because he was black flagged from a feature at Shadyhill and then proceeded to throw a fit in the pits with track officials and subsequently bared from the track for good. I know this because I was at Shadyhill that night and I remember reading some of his dumb comments on Facebook after the accident and when he bought the track in Boswell, Indiana.

The only reason I was there the 1st race was to help a friend. Because it was the only track open that night in the region.

The track is on Friday's this year & Danville, Il is on Saturdays.

We had said before we will never race at Daugherty. Farmer City is close to 160-170 miles from are shop and we would race there before we would ever race Daugherty Speedway which is about 95 miles from our shop in Portage, Indiana just off I-80 / I-94.

^^ That should explain a little bit to ya.

He just might be the most ignorant and arrogant person I've ever come across at a race track or in life.

I don't have anything against the track or the facilities just the goof running it.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-01-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Well folks there you go Nathan just wrapped it all up for you in a nice neat little package

When Nathan slams someone you know its got to be bad.. And It is. Guy is a Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Michael is the biggest idiot this side of the Mississippi. He's ran off more cars and teams then body parts a human might have. Former UMP Street Stock Champion Jarred Krick lives just up the street in Earl Park, Indiana and won't race there. He race a Macon before he would race at Daugherty last year. The rules are a joke and so is his attitude.

Supposedly he owns a computer IT company in Lafayette, Indiana and possibly one other business. I think that is how he was about to afford to buy the track.

Let me tell you all this. The real reason he bought and opened up Daugherty (A.K.A. Kamp. Boswell, In) was to try and close down Shadyhill Speedway in Medaryville, Indiana and try to steal cars and teams away; because he was black flagged from a feature at Shadyhill and then proceeded to throw a fit in the pits with track officials and subsequently bared from the track for good. I know this because I was at Shadyhill that night and I remember reading some of his dumb comments on Facebook after the accident and when he bought the track in Boswell, Indiana.

The only reason I was there the 1st race was to help a friend. Because it was the only track open that night in the region.

The track is on Friday's this year & Danville, Il is on Saturdays.

We had said before we will never race at Daugherty. Farmer City is close to 160-170 miles from are shop and we would race there before we would ever race Daugherty Speedway which is about 95 miles from our shop in Portage, Indiana just off I-80 / I-94.

^^ That should explain a little bit to ya.

He just might be the most ignorant and arrogant person I've ever come across at a race track or in life.
    I thought you said before that K3's Tom Smith was the biggest idiot east of the Mississippi.

I thought you said before that K3's Tom Smith was the biggest idiot east of the Mississippi.
    I said that before this guy took over the track in Boswell, In. I've re canted that statement and have apologized to Tom as he not the goof he might have been in the past. We race there once last year and he thanked us for coming.

The thing with Daughtery is the facilities are good but Michael is absolutely one rude sun of a gun. The sad part is I remember reading a post on Facebook he posted and said something about his WILL; when I die the track will die with me and be scrapped or some thing along those lines. Now if that isn't arrogant I don't know what is. I don't take this as bashing a track just telling how I see it from my point of view towards that goof ball of a human.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject. When Kankakee opens in a week or two there is a very real possibility It will likely kill his car count as Daugherty is a Friday track this year.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-01-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

maybe someday soon Daughtery will see the errors of his rudeness and you will be able to recant your statements about him too. I hope so.

maybe someday soon Daughtery will see the errors of his rudeness and you will be able to recant your statements about him too. I hope so.
    Maybe you should go there for a few years and see the problem for your self. Also keep track of his Facebook page as you will find out fairly quick what the issue is.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

too much drama for me