Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well it is being enforced, you just don’t like waiting 2 weeks to hear the results. Also, a sweeping everyone does it isn’t true. It marginalizes the subject to say so.

Peace though. I mean it hasn’t been proven that a chemical that changes rubber on a molecular level is bad for you. Breathing in untreated rubber particles probably rates pretty high as bad for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I seen where 2 NeSmith winners were DQ'd because their tires did not meet "benchmarks". I just personally find it hard to believe that tire doping still goes on when they know they are going to test them. Maybe I am wrong. Seems really odd to me that these guys are so vocal to their innocence, similar to the Dream racers a couple years ago. I also find it odd that in a sport where you can 'cheat up' bodies and such but these series spend big money to send samples to actual labs that test tires? What made the tires not hit the benchmark? Show some transparency to everyone so we can better trust the system. What exactly was found in the tires? Speaking of benchmarks, why do I as a fan have to pay top dollar to get into a track and then go pee in a port a john? Shouldn't those tracks be held to 'benchmarks' if the driver's tires are going to be held to 'benchmarks'? Asking for a friend!
    I feel that the labs should have to release what caused the tire not to meet the benchmark I believe that would bring more clarity to these results. And on body rules NE Smith has made me cut and 1/8 inch off the top of a spoiler side to get through tech. Also show up in tech with that Right door bowed in if you want you'll be laying in the dirt making it fit a straight edge before you get through tech.

Open tire, do whatever you want to em like karts is probably the best way to avoid the results two weeks later deal.

But we have a better chance of seeing God in the flesh than seeing anybody go to that rule. Tire deals have been a part of the sport for a long time and they're not ever going to go away. So what we have now is going to be the way testing is gonna work until somebody can come up with an instant test than can be done while the car is getting scaled or whatever.

Come to think of it, whoever develops that instant tire test will probably end up a pretty wealthy person. It would have all sorts of uses in motorsports and beyond.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 05-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Correct , it is being enforced .......and then we wait for the results and to hear who really won.

Exciting , huh?

And everybody wonders why big time racing is in trouble??

To even have a tire rule sux, especially when it's the tire people that don't want it to go away the most.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Problem is they only check the top 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Correct , it is being enforced .......and then we wait for the results and to hear who really won.

Exciting , huh?

And everybody wonders why big time racing is in trouble??

To even have a tire rule sux, especially when it's the tire people that don't want it to go away the most.
    I don't think that is why big time racing is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I don't think that is why big time racing is in trouble.
    It's not the only reason for sure.........greed and unfettered power have a lot to do with it also.

But wait there's more.....( insert Ron pepiel voice here)expenses, payout,expenses, etc.

It can all go away and I would be sad to see it go( big time dlm racing) because there are a lot of folks doing the right things and trying to better the sport.....but, I wouldn't be sad enough to quit going to a racetrack and watching 18 camaros racing it out in the pure stock division either.

I like racing in general

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    You following me over?
    Sure!!! You go first, though. hahahahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I just realized 2 things...1) SS has a headful of white hair, and 2) even though I expected it, he has a male "partner"!
    And he's also wearing his Prosthetic head too!!!!

There isn’t a good answer on the tires. Do not make it open. Go look at what the Kart racers spend on tires. How about solid lab results and be up front about the chemicals. If you get popped, you are banned for life. Do it right. Rich racers cost the average racer a lot of money trying to keep up with the cheating. It’s ridiculous.

What about the tire company in charge having tires that are race ready???

Run them or put it on the trailer??

Other than money, Why is that so hard?.....oh yeah, the money.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT62 View Post
    I feel that the labs should have to release what caused the tire not to meet the benchmark I believe that would bring more clarity to these results. And on body rules NE Smith has made me cut and 1/8 inch off the top of a spoiler side to get through tech. Also show up in tech with that Right door bowed in if you want you'll be laying in the dirt making it fit a straight edge before you get through tech.
    Good Job NE Smith! I absolutely hate how these guys are twisting on their bodies they look horrible...that door thing looks moronic its bad enough its only knee high behind the rf and about shoulder high at the rear quarter...straight body lines and rake limits!

You should have the option to choose any compound tire you want and cut/groove/sipe/needle if you want. It’s only going to make the racing better. At least you will have more passing due to comers and goers. When everyone is on the same tires it limits the passing because the best car usually starts up front and leads every lap. Scott making the so called illegal tire change and gave up 6th to start 26th and it backfired and cost him 6-10 spots. It’s not and advantage it’s a guess and even the best misread the track and make wrong decisions. Also the locals have a better shot because they race the conditions week in and week out. They don’t have many advantages but knowing what tires to run is one of them. Could anyone disagree that the racing would be better on an open tire rule? Seriously?

Two more busted down in Georgia. As for finding out the winner 2 weeks later? The fans aren’t spending tens of thousands of dollars to race legally. Hate to say it but that’s how I feel as a racer. What’s right is right.

Hoosier needs to put something in the rubber where it changes color if another chemical compound is mixed with it..other than that series are doing the best they can to police it, but ya they should disclose what they find in the tests

ILST no way that would work. Too expensive and too many different chemicals to test for. They will find a way around it no matter what. When my son races go karts they had a pump around and the way that worked was the sucked all the fuel out of every tank and put it in a big jug, shook it up and pumped it back into the tanks. So if one person was cheating everyone was. Somebody always had a small squeeze bottol of propolene no matter where you went

Dylan Knowles posts:
    May 3 at 5:46pm
    As many of you will hear or see Senoia raceway took tire samples two weeks ago. They did not meet the benchmark neither did Cory Compton’s. Both sets of tires were purchased from Clint Smith on Thursday before a practice at the track. Mine were mounted and grooved Friday night and ran Saturday. There was no chemical put on these tires unless it came off the track. I pride my self on doing stuff the right way. If I have to cheat to win I will just get out run. I hate this for my team and I but mainly for my team because of their hard work all year. We will bounce back and prove we are not cheating tires!

my theory was like the pee in the pool theory if you uses something it would light up like luminol, hoosier prob doesnt care enough to spend $ to do that, they prob dont care at all, ya any solution seems to bring more cons than pros...

what a joke .........when it's all over, the bs tire fiasco will be one of the main contributing factors.

Bring on the pure stocks, and the real racing.

Default Sorry for Dylan

According to the 4 m experts, there is no possible way tires could pick up something from racing on the track that would cause them to test hot, or that the lab could make a mistake, or that the tire mfg. could make a mistake on the benchmark, or that the officials could be wrong,etc. .....no way.

Just stupid .....all of it.