Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    what a joke .........when it's all over, the bs tire fiasco will be one of the main contributing factors.

Bring on the pure stocks, and the real racing.
    Pure stocks got guys that juicing too. It’s not like the problem is just going to go away.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The biggest problem is there are those allowed to get away with it. Are they paying off someone or is it just favoritism?

Default Josh

Yeah, I’d bet on that Penn-Ohio series you got some juicers. Them are some tough hot rods. You see Sharon is going to have a $10k stock race? Bet it’d be a hell of a race.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default C & b

Yeah, those Penn Ohio cars are no joke. There are lots of them that somehow get on the bars. I willl say they DQd a guy last year for some trick front suspension, though.

Yeah, the 10k show should be cool. I kinda feel bad for some guys that will be traveling i for it with an actual street stock, though. They’ll be severely outmatched.

Most definitely. The stocks at Sharon long ago went beyond stock cars. Personally, Rick Prosser from back in the day, and Dillinger. Of course it’s the same down here where I live now. Hell, neither Sharon nor Atomic run them anymore weekly.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Josh.....pure stock juicing

Thanks for proving my point......I know some of them juice.

But I've never ever ever walked away from a pure stock event, seen the winner cross the finish line only to be told 2 weeks later that he didn't actually win.

Not once, ever........

No reason in the world open motor cars should be any different.....none.

And please spare me the " it's for their own good" argument( not you personally)......racing and all the products that go into making cars go fast are inherently dangerous.

The tire crap is just stupid.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    The biggest problem is there are those allowed to get away with it. Are they paying off someone or is it just favoritism?
    I have my own opinion ,What do you think boss???

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Sounds like ur refering to jd in ur post
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Thanks for proving my point......I know some of them juice.

But I've never ever ever walked away from a pure stock event, seen the winner cross the finish line only to be told 2 weeks later that he didn't actually win.

Not once, ever........

No reason in the world open motor cars should be any different.....none.

And please spare me the " it's for their own good" argument( not you personally)......racing and all the products that go into making cars go fast are inherently dangerous.

The tire crap is just stupid.
    Oh, I don’t disagree get the whole thing is stupid at this point. Yeah, there are health risks involved with treating tires, but if we based all rules on health risks, we’d be watching guys ride BMX bikes with training wheels go in circles.

It’s clearly a tire company thing, but I get why they’re so against tire treating. They’re protecting their business. If it was my business, I’d do the same, and I’m pretty sure you would too.

As soon as somebody can develop an instant test, we’re stuck with what we’re stuck with it’s way less than ideal. If I was a chemist, I’d definitely be working on such a test. I’d be a very wealthy man once I got it right.

I have my own opinion ,What do you think boss???
    Yep... Its the way its been for ever. Cheating is only cheating if you don't kiss a..

Or, reach deeeeep in you pocket 😏

Default Tire companies protecting their business....

Well, there are really only two.....and one of them does 90 percent or more of the business.

Think you've identified the monopoly that doesn't want to get better at what they do so they just crush everyone else , push for the ban on treating the product they put out to be a better product for the racer and rest on their own antiquated and uber profitable laurels.

Why don't they just make a better tire that does what these racers want them to do??

Oh yeah, that's right.......profit at the top and the unwillingness to be more innovative.

It's stupid, and the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

4m Fix the quote button issue please.

Well, there are really only two.....and one of them does 90 percent or more of the business.

Think you've identified the monopoly that doesn't want to get better at what they do so they just crush everyone else , push for the ban on treating the product they put out to be a better product for the racer and rest on their own antiquated and uber profitable laurels.

Why don't they just make a better tire that does what these racers want them to do??

Oh yeah, that's right.......profit at the top and the unwillingness to be more innovative.

The problem with developing a tire that does what the racers want is that different avers want different things out of them. There’s already a huge pile of compounds, and increasing that pile isn’t really going to help anybody.

Tire rules are here to stay, whether we like it or not. A few sanctions let you run tires from either brand, but certain compounds within that brand. I feel that’s probably the best way to go about it. Keeps the tire inventory down for the racers.

Even if racers did have the ability to get a tire that does exactly what they want it to, there’s still going to be guys that treat their tires. It’s just the reality of things.

It’s why I keep saying the only way anybody will ever curb the “problem” is an instant test. Like a little device that you shove the sample in and it gives a go/no go reading within a couple minutes. You could do it between the scales and victory lane. That way you’ll know the winner before you leave the track. It’s kind of amazing to me such a device doesn’t already exist, considering the level of technology we have achieved in society. I mean, I’m pretty sure it would have numerous applications beyond motorsports.

If the lab never catches anyone cheating why would you even need to have them lab tested? I will always doubt the lab until they start producing a list of what chemicals were in or not in the tire for it to not meet the benchmark.

Or go open tire rule ......allowing the tire company to dictate , mandate and propagate the tire rule is like allowing the dealers to write the drug laws.

Just sayin

Apply Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to the entire tire and plastic wrap it for one week. Store the tires in a warm damp place!!!! Wait until race day to unwrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Apply Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to the entire tire and plastic wrap it for one week. Store the tires in a warm damp place!!!! Wait until race day to unwrap.

That might be all that stuff is good for.......it sure as heck isn't needed on good BBQ or ribs cooked properly.....doesn't meet the benchmark for good que....at all.

And I don't need to wait 2 weeks to tell you who the winner would be if you used it.

The grocery store??? As far as that BBQ sauce goes, I've never tasted it.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 05-09-2018 at 05:35 PM.