Default Woo @ cherokee

Ferguson sets fast time
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Heat winners are
    H1 ferguson
    H2 pursley
    H3 madden

Hows it going over there ss? Waitin for feature?

Marler leads 14 to go...44,25,22,116

Bshepp out with a broken axle

Marlar Madden Overton Clanton about 40 down

Correction caution at lap 36. Overton to the pits with a flat RR. Was running 5th

Marlar Clanton Madden after the restart

Final

Marlar Clanton Madden

Appreciate it you guys

Not much passing there anymore. Congrats to Marlar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Hows it going over there ss? Waitin for feature?
    Im not there. I just posted as nobody updated any

Bare frame on Sunday to the winners circle on Friday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeMarla...476608/photo/1

Overton passed Marlar for the lead but didn’t get a lap in before a caution came out. When it went back green he fell a few spots then got a flat. He was passing and moving along pretty good on the high side.

Unhappy

I'm thinking Overton's march on the highside was due to the rubber he chose and thus also the reason for the flat. That was the first DLM race I've been to in maybe 3 years, first time back to Cherokee in maybe 8 or 10 years and I'm glad I went. It reminded me why I've lost interest in DLM and why I'm considering a move to Missouri/Texas so I can get involved in Non-wing sprints. People have been clamoring about the next level for DLM going back to my 20's(The 90's) but from my view things have NOT improved and are on the wrong track all together. The race last night was for the most part a train race from the beginning of hot laps, with the best show in the street stock class(shocker). All the DLM classes were follow the leader, hammer down and wait till the checker falls. Dull. Predictable.

YES, I will admit todays DLM's are incredibly fast and that, in my view, is the problem. Too fast. The amount of traction they can achieve makes them extremely expensive to operate and maintain, in money, time and specialized equipment and personnel needed. I left last night feeling as though I was in mourning, the sport I loved and lived for 30 years no longer exists. The crate class that was suppose to be the savior of the "Blue Collar" racer is nothing more than an under powered super. It is what it is and the fun and creativity are gone from it for me.

In my day(80's and 90's) we had a wide diversity of chassis and suspension designs, from the basic and simple leafs & coils to the more exotic in appearance canti-lever's. And easily 10-12 different brands were possible at the bigger events and at least 6 for a local show. Last night I saw maybe 4, but if we're all honest about it, there isn't much difference from brand to brand anymore with most being similar to the Rumley designed Longhorn: Part Deux(A joke from 93' for my "Gen X" bros).

Back in February I made the trip to Florida to Bubba Raceway park to see the USAC guys run, my first time seeing non-wing sprints in person. I've been watching a show called, "The Dirty 30" on Lucas oil Tv and I got hooked on non-wing sprints. I thought I was done with racing, but they have rekindled my zest, so we scheduled a trip to FLA. We were not disappointed, they are a very pure form of dirt racing, not corrupted by run-away unenforced rules. I had a good run of 30 years with DLM, as a crewman, as a shock builder, as a car builder, as a suspension designer and as a fan, but I'm ready to say good bye now, the DLM I knew and loved is dead and gone.

Later
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 05-05-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Cherokee has pretty much been like u described.

Cage I seen train racing with non wing sprints, nobody likes any kind train racing. That on the track owner to prep the track not have train race and promoter and series not pick them back up.

Sprint car chassis haven't changed all that greatly in 30 years because it's same tubing just about. You can only do so much with them, they are the most simple chassis at the end of the day. I like non wing sprints, wing sprints, dlm, big block mods. I don't care if guy goes flag to flag to win without being challenged. Long as there racing in other parts of the field.

Woo points top 5

1.madden. 1130
    2.Marlar. 1114 -16
    3.B.shepp. 1094 -36
    4.Clanton. 1090 -40
    5.Eckert. 1064 -66

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Cage I seen train racing with non wing sprints, nobody likes any kind train racing. That on the track owner to prep the track not have train race and promoter and series not pick them back up.

Sprint car chassis haven't changed all that greatly in 30 years because it's same tubing just about. You can only do so much with them, they are the most simple chassis at the end of the day. I like non wing sprints, wing sprints, dlm, big block mods. I don't care if guy goes flag to flag to win without being challenged. Long as there racing in other parts of the field.

Woo points top 5

1.madden. 1130
    2.Marlar. 1114 -16
    3.B.shepp. 1094 -36
    4.Clanton. 1090 -40
    5.Eckert. 1064 -66
    A sprint frame and a Big Blick mod frame are very similar also.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.