Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schlenk

Default Schlenk

... wins at Attica. Drown 2nd.

That was one hell of a race. Missler 3rd and them 3 fought it out. Will say that's 1st time ever I've seen a guy go into corner and turn hard right to avoid car and jump cushion and stay in throttle and not lose ground on track. He was singing it into 3 like nobody else and drown wasn't (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)footing it. Sound of top 3 coming off 4 was just pure symphony as they let the motors eat. Hope YouTube video shows what a race it was. Caution on lap 16ish killed what was already good and about to be phenomenal. 305 sprint feature was a top 3 battle to the end as well. Racing started at 7:45 and was out gate by 10:15 on way home.

Dunn Benson should have had a tryout between pierce and Schlenk. Their styles are similar but I give Bobby the edge with composure and getting the job done with some big wins. On the other hand, Schlenk has never been in equipment close to what Pierce races and he still gets the job done. Seems like his style for the southern clay is better than Bobby. Schlenk loves the sport and I hope one day he gets a shot with top notch equipment. Can’t understand how Jason Jameson has top notch engine and chassis program and Schlenk doesn’t?? I can think of several names I would fire to give Schlenk a shot

You are defiantly stirring the poop comparing Bobby to Rusty lol. Not that I disagree, other then Rusty is a clean driver and Bobby ain't 
    Last edited by Mindwalker; 05-04-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Don't think schlenk dealing with sub par equipment these days

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Don't think schlenk dealing with sub par equipment these days
    Not when he rolls into Attica.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Drown Has new longhorn & Missler XR1, then sheils, Markham, and few others. Wasn't long ago Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) won pts in the ride that just won Lucas pts last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Drown Has new longhorn & Missler XR1, then sheils, Markham, and few others. Wasn't long ago Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) won pts in the ride that just won Lucas pts last year.
    How many of them guys pony up for a Durham? I wasn't saying the 4 or 5 real good cars that show up are junk. They just are not top tier teams that have the best of every single component.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Durham doesn't win every race. Nor do you need one to win a race

Congrats to rusty, once again he has defeated a small group of hobby racers in his underfunded volkswagen beetle. I heard summernationals last night in victory lane, another embarrassment awaits.

And what race car # are you?

Im still just the guy in the stands laughing. #wooroy

I'm sure he appriciates you paying your hard earned to watch him win.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm may not agree with you or you may not agree with me at times but that was great lol

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Durham doesn't win every race. Nor do you need one to win a race
    Didn't say you did. But you can't win the N/S 100 on the bottom groove with every engine out there either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

You just said they aren't top tier teams without the best of every single component. The engine is pretty much the biggest component.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I know right, i was hoping someone would put together a go fundme. Then maybe i could even go to races that cost more then $15 to get in, too bad rusty is never at those.

I see where your going MB but I also look at it this way, if 20 of the top 30 teams (woo & Lucas) running a Durham then odds of a Durham winning are exceptional. Same as was rocket years ago when you'd go to just about any track and 15 of the 20 cars in feature were a rocket then which chassis you think gonna win. Dargie, malcuit, Vic hill, pro power, etc still build capable winning motors and some of them were present Friday night. In fact isn't Moran still running a malcuit? Peirce was pro power right? Being local to schlenk I've seen him race tons and always glad he's there cause know he's gonna give it all its got. Him on this "new" Rayburn though has really peeked my interest and enjoying the change of pace because LM racing can get in a rut. Just like Jameson in the Swartz gig.

I know back in 05 or 07 marler told oneal and me them local regional guys like missler are really tough and he was eight

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    You just said they aren't top tier teams without the best of every single component. The engine is pretty much the biggest component.
    I fail to understand the point you are now attempting to make.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2