Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drivers i havent heard from in a while

Can anybody shed some light on william thomas? He used to be on DoD every other day with a win

Also, any of you guys remember the black kid from 2003 or 2004 than was pretty good? Seems like he was in Hendrick driver developmemt or was tied in with Jeff Gordon somehow and then just dropped off. I dont ever recall him ever running any national touring shows.

The Thomas family bought another race track in southern Georgia. I think it was Albany speedway?? William is GM there and may be tied up with all that. DoD had an article on it sometime back

Edit:
    King, The dod article was a dirtwire write-up Jan 16 2018 on catch-all page
    Last edited by Chris Thomason; 05-06-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Believe William is running Albany Speedway in South Georgia. Thomas family recently purchased the facility.

Chase Austin I believe was the guy you're thinking of. No clue what he's doing.
    Last edited by B_K; 05-06-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Chase Austin is running his family business back in Kansas. Hasn't raced much at all last few years.

Although you may be thinking of Ryan Gifford who was an RCR Development driver and worked for Team Dillon for a time. He had his own crate stuff and ran it sporadically over the last few years. But he has recently been running a super for a team out of NC. He raced at my Modoc show last week and I know he has been to Boyd's and 311 also this year.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Chase Austin is running his family business back in Kansas. Hasn't raced much at all last few years.

Although you may be thinking of Ryan Gifford who was an RCR Development driver and worked for Team Dillon for a time. He had his own crate stuff and ran it sporadically over the last few years. But he has recently been running a super for a team out of NC. He raced at my Modoc show last week and I know he has been to Boyd's and 311 also this year.
    Chase/Marshall..... same thing.

I think I was trying to combine two guys with similar names I know into one guy.

While on the topic, i was watching an old Show Me 100 from the late 90s, early 2000s and saw some names i haven't seen in a few years. Tony Cardin, Johnny Virden, Rex McCroskey, Jeremy Payne, Donnie Barnhardt and Mark Miner. Not sure the ages of any of them, thought Jeremy Payne was young(ish) but just stopped seeing their names in run downs.

Chase Austin is who i was thinking of.

Decided to join the insanity over here b/c I've seen a number of threads like this. Cardin has been retired for a while. Last I saw him race was in a Super Stock at Batesville probably 10 years ago. I saw Virden run a modified once or twice last year. McCroskey is retired. Saw him run a B-Mod at Springfield MO a couple years ago, though. Payne is retired. He ran Johnny Saathof's backup car a couple times last year. Sucks b/c he was a heckuva wheelman. Barnhart was gone for several years but last year he got a modified and has made a handful of starts this year. That $20g race at Batesville has brought out quite a few names out of the woodwork. Don't know about Miner, since he's not from my area. A little story about Virden, or more so his car: in '06 or '07 he showed up out of retirement, I guess, in a mod, and his first race back he wore out the field at the TMS dirt track. He was fast everywhere he went that year. Anyways, that car was a GRT built by Bill Frye that had some front end stuff that was ahead of its time, stuff that didn't catch on til 5 or 6 years later, like the soft RF setup. Well, that car's still running around. Now it's got the wrap off of Frye's last late model on it and it's still a pretty fast hotrod.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Chase Austin is who i was thinking of.
    Wanna say fluorescent green 13?? He was at WVMS for that last big race they had that Birky won. Think he was around 14-15 then.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thanks wreck. I figured most had retired since i havent seen most of those names in years.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Wanna say fluorescent green 13?? He was at WVMS for that last big race they had that Birky won. Think he was around 14-15 then.
    I'm remembering a black 42 (I think) car with flames on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    You thinking of Gifford or Austin?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Sounds like a Terry Casey or Todd Andrews car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I was thinking I read Mark miners name in the results at I-55 in a mod a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Sounds like a Terry Casey or Todd Andrews car.
    I could be combining cars here too. I remember him from several shows in this area. Believe he got on his lid one night at Dixie.
    Last edited by B_K; 05-06-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy84 View Post
    I was thinking I read Mark miners name in the results at I-55 in a mod a couple of years ago.
    You did, although not sure if he still races.

He and Stan Massey were hard to handle for in this area back in the day. Those screaming Malcuit Engines won a lot of races.

The Austin fella raced late models a few times and if he wasn’t part black you wouldn’t know his name .. lol actually wait you still didn’t know his name. I really want to know why 50% black and 50% white is considered black to get the benefits that go along with being black ? If being black was this massive disadvantage we hear about why don’t 50/50 people call themselves white ???

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    While on the topic, i was watching an old Show Me 100 from the late 90s, early 2000s and saw some names i haven't seen in a few years. Tony Cardin, Johnny Virden, Rex McCroskey, Jeremy Payne, Donnie Barnhardt and Mark Miner. Not sure the ages of any of them, thought Jeremy Payne was young(ish) but just stopped seeing their names in run downs.
    Jeremy raced for Terry Phillips in a Modified and late model then left to race his own modified in the USMTS along with a few IMCA races. I think he is somewhat retired now and has only been running a car for Jet Racing at some big IMCA races.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Default Huck

We don’t know what Austin calls himself. Maybe just a guy who doesn’t get caught up in all that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    The Thomas family bought another race track in southern Georgia. I think it was Albany speedway?? William is GM there and may be tied up with all that. DoD had an article on it sometime back Edit: King, The dod article was a dirtwire write-up Jan 16 2018 on catch-all page
    They are not running Albany from what I have been told that deal fell through and Don Don Cook has leased it for the year. Supposedly a lot of deals with the Thomas family have gone up in smoke lately.