Default Early Race Track Cancellation

A race track in my hometown canceled tonight's races at 2:00 today stating the reason was a 50% chance of rain. Last week they canceled about the same time stating a chance of rain and thunderstorms starting between 9:45 and 11:00 as the reason. It's a beautiful evening as I post this. I call BS on promoter. Would like to hear others opinion.

Was it Midway?

Close, but a state over, and a little more south.

It's impossible to predict the weather. Weather forecasts are just more fake news pushed by the media. The quicker people come to terms with this and stop being gullible and clinging to weather forecasts like they are accurate the better off racing will be.

Having been in those shoes I can tell you promoting ain't for the faint of heart.

Here in WI we have had tracks cancel their openers two and three days in advance because of the weather. Face it... many tracks need the cash influx of good crowds early in the season to carry them over for the summer. They can't afford a loser right out of the gate...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Well, these tracks ruined my weekend, not the weather! Not to mention the heart break a few fat girls went through!!!