Default Rear hubs coming loose

Hey guys,

I keep having my rear hubs come loose. This started the last night of last year. Two nights in this year and the same issue.

At first I just attributed it to the terrible race tracks we run on.. But i really don't think it's the issue. Both sides have new bearings and races as well as locks and nuts. Races are completely in place and it just seems like the nut is backing off.

I am using bearing spacers if that matters.

What I've been doing is getting everything set and then locking the nut down by bending the tab over.

Is anyone else having these issues?

With new bearings, i had to tighten up the spindle nut from week to week until everything settled in. If you think your spindle nut is backing off, have you considered a locking spindle nut?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmod141 View Post
    Hey guys,

I keep having my rear hubs come loose. This started the last night of last year. Two nights in this year and the same issue.

At first I just attributed it to the terrible race tracks we run on.. But i really don't think it's the issue. Both sides have new bearings and races as well as locks and nuts. Races are completely in place and it just seems like the nut is backing off.

I am using bearing spacers if that matters.

What I've been doing is getting everything set and then locking the nut down by bending the tab over.

Is anyone else having these issues?
    If you are running bearing spacers, you should be torquing the nut down to make the bearings and spacer a solid stack with the axle tube. If it is coming loose, either your adjustable spacer is loosening, or you are not locking the stack together solid.
    Spacer should be set at proper bearing preload, and should not change.

Try this style. I had one come loose and looking at the tabs they don't seem long enough. I bought this below and its so much quicker and easier to take it apart and check it.

http://howeracing.com/index.php/stor...ded-holes.html

Thanks powerslide. I had those on a previous car and never had issues. Think I'll switch back.

i had that problem for about 5 years and then realized I was putting it together wrong lol. lock ring goes under the nut. No more problems.

The Howe nuts unfortunately don't list a size, so I went ahead and ordered them.. They're way too small.

The lock ring is in the correct position lol.

I guess I'll try setting the spacer a little tighter and see how that ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmod141 View Post
    The Howe nuts unfortunately don't list a size, so I went ahead and ordered them.. They're way too small.

The lock ring is in the correct position lol.

I guess I'll try setting the spacer a little tighter and see how that ends up.
    They sell them. Call them and tell them what you are looking for.