Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Maybe my math is fuzzy since school's started doing it some new way... but isn't $50,000 roughly $20,000 more than $30,000?
    And he can sell more modified shirts to a base that he may not always be able to sell to.

So tell me again why he wouldn't not skip a $30,000 show for $50,000? The guy fully plans on winning the $50K so...
    "The Wise One"

Anyone seen an action photo of the modified? Best I saw on Facebook this weekend was a pit picture.

No way possible they run that race without the zero in attendance. He already got his 5k for showing up and like BloomerHfan said. The zero will sell tickets. I don’t understand why they said makeup day was Sunday and then cancel Saturday afternoon and not attempt Sunday. Only thing I can think of is maybe they had plenty of seats without as$es in them

Also Randy Sweet sponsored the event

They dont care if bloomer coming back. Show will go on!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    They dont care if bloomer coming back. Show will go on!
    It would collapse without him. Keeping serious face!!!

Don't see how these big Mod events draw a good crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    It would collapse without him. Keeping serious face!!!

Last year's inaugural race was one of the best shows I saw all year. The sport mod feature was a photo finish and the modified race was a great battle between Strickler and Marriott. The place was packed with fans.

They didn't run on Sunday because of how bad the weather was. Another round of rain went through Saturday night and another on Sunday night. It would have been a cold and wet weekend even on Sunday. This big of a purse needs a big crowd to make it financially successful.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Last year's inaugural race was one of the best shows I saw all year. The sport mod feature was a photo finish and the modified race was a great battle between Strickler and Marriott. The place was packed with fans.

They didn't run on Sunday because of how bad the weather was. Another round of rain went through Saturday night and another on Sunday night. It would have been a cold and wet weekend even on Sunday. This big of a purse needs a big crowd to make it financially successful.
    I'll take your word for it. The fans must be accepting the reduction of LM racing and deciding to take what they can get. Fans who want to see racing.

I attended the inaugural 50000 dollar mod race at Farley last year. The weather up in the Midwest was so cold and rainy I decided not to go this year. However, I would go to the makeup race if it is dry and warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Modifieds are a much bigger deal out that way than they are everywhere else. And that's okay, different strokes for different folks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wissota had their Challenge Series opener a few weeks back. Weather was beautiful and no one else in the area was racing LM's but Ogilvie. For $3000-to-win they got 25 late models: http://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire3494.html

The class is dying slowly and with USRA and other factions popping up running limited late models, it's not going to get any better IMO.