Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    Dash for the top 5 qualifiers, inverted
    This sounds good, but it's unusual that there's any action or passing after the first turn. The drivers want to preserve their equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Stop qualifying. Draw for positions and make race in the heats.
    No... keep qualifying and put the fast guys in the back. But PAY them for their qualifying times with cash and enough points to keep the crying down.

We ran this way for years at our home tracks and it made for great racing.

Even if you had to race into the main thru the heats NEVER put the heat winners out fast timers up front... but,again, get out the checkbook and points.

I've been to enough southern tracks to know we used to race on gumbo... Phenix City's clay would suck your shoes off of your feet AFTER the show was over. Plenty of passing, too.
    Last edited by Krooser; 05-11-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You want to hear sprint car guys bitch?

Go into central PA and ask them about handicapping.
    Want to see a driver bitch? Watch his lips move....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Want to see a driver bitch? Watch his lips move....
    Depends largely on if they’re winning.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Unfortunately in this day and age, EVERYTHING out there is entertainment, including racing. Look at the decline of NASCAR. Yes, Dirt Racing has picked up the slack, partially because it fits well into most peoples budgets, but if the quality of the product on the track is not good, then dirt racing will decline as well.

The challenge, is how to provide good racing, that is fair and competitive, and make both drivers and fans happy.

There are 2 different types of drivers, those that want to win at all costs, and those that want the challenge of racing and competition. I personally love winning, but I prefer the challenge. I like lineups that make me work, because I enjoy the win much more when I have proven my worth. Not everyone is like that. But, if you combine some suggestions here, and pay for fast times, pay for passing/heat wins, you can come out on top $ wise even if you don't win the race.

I think there's a lot of room for experimentation to both put on a good show for the fans and make the drivers happy, the real problem is getting the tracks/promoters to just be willing to give it a try. Too many are worried about ticking people off, so often times is just status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    No... keep qualifying and put the fast guys in the back. But PAY them for their qualifying times with cash and enough points to keep the crying down.We ran this way for years at our home tracks and it made for great racing.Even if you had to race into the main thru the heats NEVER put the heat winners out fast timers up front... but,again, get out the checkbook and points.I've been to enough southern tracks to know we used to race on gumbo... Phenix City's clay would suck your shoes off of your feet AFTER the show was over. Plenty of passing, too.
    All the tracks down south used to be that way, but to me the promoters don't work the tracks like they used to.Just my opinion you know that's like butt holes , everybody got one
    Last edited by dirty bert; 05-11-2018 at 08:10 PM.