Default Chub frank is quitting the tour.

Not that a person couldn't see this coming, I hope he enjoys life and goes and puts a smack down on the local racing scene.

http://woolms.com/news/latest-news/2...ies-chub-frank

I thought he quit about a decade ago?

He looked good early at Cherokee, but then seemed to miss the setup later. Its been a while since I've seen him be a contender on the tour though. Could be he hasn't taken to the new setups and how you have to drive the cars now. A friend of mine who has raced for many years going back to the early 90's in DLM, he took about 5 years off to tend to his business and came back this year and said he doesn't like the way they drive now, not as much fun.

Best of luck to Chub, "The Shoestring traveler".
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Its been some 50 + years for him going in circles since he first steered his way around the tracks in a pack car. If I had a dollar for every lap he has run I would a much richer man ! Best of luck to one of the sports most elder statesman.
    Last edited by Raceready; 05-10-2018 at 05:36 PM.

He is a legend where I grew up. Got to watch him win a lot of races at Raceway 7 growing up. Then he won my first World 100. Hope he continues racing.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Good luck from here on out chub I remember one time when the outlaws came to our home track I-55 Raceway pevely mo. he had his car at this sports and fishing place at pevely for a meet n greet thing. he's the best guy you'd ever want to meet just down to earth kinda person.
    I am what I am

This was announced late last year

always liked watching Chub race

I don't think he's won a race on the tour in atleast 3 seasons if not longer. Seems as though you have to at least ponder the idea of finally pulling off. Both mentally and financially.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    This was announced late last year
    That's what I thought.

His business is busy, and he just doesn't have what he used too. Chub was always a guy that came roaring to the front late in a race. That's gone. Why, I have no idea. Chassis, tires, shocks, it could be a combo of any. He's going to race locally and I think he can still bring home a few wins.

The 'pass in the grass' was a fun thing to watch...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I don't think he's won a race on the tour in atleast 3 seasons if not longer. Seems as though you have to at least ponder the idea of finally pulling off. Both mentally and financially.
    Since '09 at K-C Raceway
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    He is a legend where I grew up. Got to watch him win a lot of races at Raceway 7 growing up. Then he won my first World 100. Hope he continues racing.
    I'm pretty sure he's gonna keep racing. There's a special more or less every weekend within a few hours of his shop, I'd imagine he'll be hitting a lot of those.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's gonna keep racing. There's a special more or less every weekend within a few hours of his shop, I'd imagine he'll be hitting a lot of those.
    Doubt it happens, but I would love to see him mix it up at Tyler County Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Oh yeah. Chub, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Barton, Robbie Blair, Brian Ruhlman till he moved, and I’m sure I’m drawing a blank on others. Ryan Markham did too for awhile.

I was there for that World 100 win. I think him losing Lester and his last big wreck is what did him in. I too have always been a Chub fan. Can remember him and Barton getting into it at least once. I hope he continues on regionally and finds some success again.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Truly an excellent ambassador to the sport. He helped a good many people along the way. It was through him that most drivers in that tri state area ended up in Rocket cars. Dan Armbruster,, D1ck Litz, John Venable, Bob Btaldwin, Travis Asel, and a long list of others. For several years almost everyone that was doing a lot of winning in a rocket had some sort connection with him. Some that he got started in the Rockets like the Blairs are still going strong. He would give a driver his exact same set up and then later they might even beat him on his set up.