Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We had similar results with the LF limited, i think its a big adjustment a lot of influence on the car as a whole, and should take no more than 1/4" swings at a time on changes, maybe a 1/2". While limited the car would want to skate on the RR, especially on entry, but it would come off the corner well. So just saying that out loud would tend to think its better on a heavier track to get the car free'd up and turning.

My questions are, how much wedge and left side % do i need to make this optimum. Also how much tie down (rebound) on the LF shock do i need. Plus the overall droop numbers. That's what i plan to look at adjustment wise this year.

Just say no...

No need to increase the static load. The dynamic load is what you need to increase. Add spring rubbers to the RR to achieve that. Start with one and work up from there

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    No need to increase the static load. The dynamic load is what you need to increase. Add spring rubbers to the RR to achieve that. Start with one and work up from there
    Thanks for the info. The problem is that our rules don't allow spring rubbers, so I'd have to increase static load in order to increase dynamic load.

There are countless ways to change dynamic loading of the RR without changing static loading and spring rubbers are just one.
    Raise the fuel cell (or any other ballast) is the crudest example.
    Lower the bottom right bar on the frame
    Soften the compression of the RR shock
    Lower the j-bar
    Run less air pressure
    I could go on and on and on...

And these rule makers are idiots. If it were me, and the rule literally said "no spring rubbers", I would run polyurethane items and tell them it isn't against the rules because it isn't "rubber"...tell them to straighten their rule book out. Dumbest thing I ever heard of...outlawing $10 components just because they don't understand it and think there is some voodoo there. I digress....

Are you allowed to run bump stops?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    There are countless ways to change dynamic loading of the RR without changing static loading and spring rubbers are just one.
    Raise the fuel cell (or any other ballast) is the crudest example.
    Lower the bottom right bar on the frame
    Soften the compression of the RR shock
    Lower the j-bar
    Run less air pressure
    I could go on and on and on...

And these rule makers are idiots. If it were me, and the rule literally said "no spring rubbers", I would run polyurethane items and tell them it isn't against the rules because it isn't "rubber"...tell them to straighten their rule book out. Dumbest thing I ever heard of...outlawing $10 components just because they don't understand it and think there is some voodoo there. I digress....
    I never understood that either , ban something cheap just because every one dont no how to use it , but allow 10,000 $ shocks that few can afford.....

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Are you allowed to run bump stops?
    No. No spring rubbers, bump stops or stacked springs. Their rationale is that they don't want people spending money on spring smashers even though if you want help from a major chassis builder you will probably need one anyway.

MasterS. What do you mean by (low/zero droop)

Quote Originally Posted by Len72P View Post
    MasterS. What do you mean by (low/zero droop)
    Droop is the wheel travelling down from ride height. No droop is tethering the wheel so it can't come down. It makes unsprung weight become sprung at a point in time. The idea comes from road course racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1