The Silver Dollar Nationals. As good as it gets

It has grown into one of the crown jewels of dirt late model racing. The Silver Dollar Nationals at I-80 Speedway near Greenwood, Nebraska has given fans in the plain states a giant race in their backyard. Paying $53,000 to win the Eighth Annual Silver Dollar Nationals to be held July 19 thru 21, 2018 has become one of America's premier annual dirt track events.

The purse for the Lucas Oil Late Model portion (Friday & Saturday) will be over $200,000 in 2018. Add the USMTS Modifieds putting on their great show on Friday and Saturday as well and then throw in an open practice for both classes on Thursday along with a full racing program featuring the Malvern Bank Super Late Models, Nebraska 360 Sprints and unsanctioned Sport Mods and you have one great weekend of racing.

Just about all the big name Super Late Model drives will be on hand. Scott Bloomquist, Jonathan Davenport, Josh Richards, Tim McCreadie, Brandon Sheppard, Jimmy Owens, Bobby Pierce, The O'Neals, Don and Hudson, Darrell Lanigan, Earl Pearson, Jr., Kyle Bronson, Gregg Satterlee and many more.

On the USMTS side many of the best Modified chaueffers will be on hand including; Jake O'Neil, Johnny & Stormy Scott, Rodney Sanders, Lucas Schott, Dereck Ramirez, Zack VanderBeek and Terry Phillips just to name a few.

Make no mistake the racing will be exciting and sometimes three and four wide. You only have to go back to last year's Silver Dollar Nationals when Brandon Sheppard started 32nd and finished second in the 80 lap affair. As Michael Rigsby, CEO of Dirt on Dirt said after last year's Silver Dollar Nationals “This is I-80. It doesn't matter where you start, you can win the race.” You can bet Steve Kosiski and his crew will once again have the track in tip top shape for the event.

So mark down July 19 thru 21 on your calendar and visit www.i-80speedway.com to get your tickets today for one of the best shows in dirt late model racing. For further information, call (402)-342-3453.

I-80 Speedway is located one block north of Interstate 80 Exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. The Physical Address is 13909 - 238th Street, Greenwood, NE. Entrance to the track is at 13631 238th Street. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.