Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Praise for Page & Baird-- still together!!

I've thought about this several times, and I'm still amazed! Didn't think it would last near this long! Baird changed many drivers & maybe found the one for him! Page doesn't spend big $$ and does a lot of the work on the car himself. Maybe the right combination! Glad to hear he's prepping for Eldora! Congrats to all involved!

I agree C24 , i hope they make a good showing up there......

Page has done a good job in that ride.

It looks like he's getting to keep the equipment at his shop and pick where he races. Maybe Baird actually started listening to people.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Page has done a good job in that ride.

It looks like he's getting to keep the equipment at his shop and pick where he races. Maybe Baird actually started listening to people.
    Yep. He does keep it there, heard him talk about it. He’s done very well, proven motors and a car that is surprisingly pretty sporty. Just think of how many people Baird has went through. A heat race field of good drivers I’d say.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Troy Baird is a heck of a guy . Its funny how everyone assumed that mike would last but a month or two. yes all the equipment is kept at our shop and Troy is as good as gold to us. We have a very simple operation and watch every dollar that comes in a goes out.

Wasn't it a woo race or a pretty big race Page just ran second at...

I'd always heard how rough Page was and how dirty he drove but I've watched him quite a bit this year at different tracks and jmo he is pretty good driver I talked to him a little a the Nesmith/SAS race at Talladega last month he drove a heck of a race in the Nesmith race and put on a good show on Saturday he didn't win but it was a good race

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Wasn't it a woo race or a pretty big race Page just ran second at...
    Ran 2nd to Madden at the WoO race at Senoia. Won the Lucas race at dixie last year.

yes he just ran second to madden at the woO Senoia race.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty bert View Post
    I'd always heard how rough Page was and how dirty he drove but I've watched him quite a bit this year at different tracks and jmo he is pretty good driver I talked to him a little a the Nesmith/SAS race at Talladega last month he drove a heck of a race in the Nesmith race and put on a good show on Saturday he didn't win but it was a good race
    He has run Ronnie Johnson pretty shady. Then him and Owenby clash like crazy, but I think I’d clash with Owenby.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Clashing with ownbey lol, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    Clashing with ownbey lol, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.
    Who??......

I seen the deal with ownbey, looked to me just one of them deals, both of knew they needed to get the leading a hurry, and John is a nice guy

I think most people's skepticism was geared more towards the 211 people who had driven for Baird before. Page is getting to do things with the equipment that those guys did not. I.E. keep it at home and pick where he races. It's proven successful thus far.

I've seen Page drive on the wrong side of aggressive a couple of times. I've also seen him be extremely patient. Seems to have matured as a driver over the last 2-3 years. Strikes me as a guy who races you like you race him these days. I would say the RJ deal at TST was a bit rough.

C&B seems pretty spot on in some of his other observations.

go listen to RJ'S interview from this past weekends southern national bonus race at Dixie. it might surprise a few folks as to what Ronnie had to say about Michael. Michael does have some input as to where he races but its not carte blanche.

The 18x is no joke.......anybody that thinks otherwise is.

Guy has always been fast........always.

Fan here.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I've watched Page for several years.Most of the people he has had problems with have problems with everyone with RJ being the exception.I have read of several incidents with Owenby and other people including one I saw myself.One thing to remember early on when Page was ruff around the edges he was racing to pay the bills and eat kinda puts things a little more in perspective. I am happy for his success he's worked his ass off to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I've watched Page for several years.Most of the people he has had problems with have problems with everyone with RJ being the exception.I have read of several incidents with Owenby and other people including one I saw myself.One thing to remember early on when Page was ruff around the edges he was racing to pay the bills and eat kinda puts things a little more in perspective. I am happy for his success he's worked his ass off to get there.
    Very well summed up.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorracerg9 View Post
    Troy Baird is a heck of a guy . Its funny how everyone assumed that mike would last but a month or two. yes all the equipment is kept at our shop and Troy is as good as gold to us. We have a very simple operation and watch every dollar that comes in a goes out.
    Eric, you & Page need to do a class on watching those dollars!! What to spend on & what to pass on! Some act like you can't race on lesser $$ at all, but some think it's still possible! Many spend everything they have, and then some, only to get frustrated with a lack of results. Congrats again to Page and all involved for the success!

actually it was bred out of necessity, I didn't come from money but I have a good job and can afford to race a super late model at the regional level but no matter how good of a job you have you can go broke quick racing these things. we have used stuff that most folks throw away. We do all the work on these cars and make the most out of what we have. before Mr Troy came along Michael had never been in the same caliber of equipment as the guys we race against, as a matter of fact I have always had nicer/newer cars than he has had but he is just a wheelman. I can tell you this for sure. we aren't spending near the money people think we are.