Thread: CT-525 Issues

Default CT-525 Issues

How many guys are experiencing issues with the 525 GM engines out there? Seeing and hearing of oiling issues and pistons or wrist pins coming apart in my area and wondering how widespread the problems are. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TLCT1 View Post
    How many guys are experiencing issues with the 525 GM engines out there? Seeing and hearing of oiling issues and pistons or wrist pins coming apart in my area and wondering how widespread the problems are. Thanks
    Guys running them from your area that I know of are Marshal Fegers and Don Shaw, I'm sure Marshall hasn't had any problems and don't think Don has either but can't say with 100% certainty on Don.

we are NOT a CT525 shop but we enter into the discussion with GM representatives about the common failures

most failures are oil related and more specific new engine prime related

cranking the engine to get oil pressure is a sure recipe for failure
    new engines need to be primed with a pressure tank or drill operated in-line pump like the Peterson drill operated pump http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/Imag...front_main.jpg
    "IF" Race-1 ever gets into the CT525 market --every engine will have this product coming with it --NO questions asked

this external primer should be used on these engines for every start up

just my opinion
    Brad
    www.race-1.com

from what ive herd , the main problem is people pushing them past there limits.........

Use a Canton Accusump tank with a oil pressure switch and solenoid controlled valve. Canton has a complete kit.It prelubes the engine when the ignition is turned on with 2 quart of pressurized oil and also lubes engine if the oil pressure every drops below 25 psi. Once the engine oil pressure normalizes the tank is filled and ready to go again. Cost about 600 bucks but it will definitely save the engine.

I know it is critical to pre oil them correctly like they are saying.Also guys around here if not on nesmith deal are pushing them to far.
    Last edited by RW57; 05-26-2018 at 05:19 PM.