Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lolmds

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I never thought he was washed up, but he was definitely stuck in a rut for a couple years.
    Its a shame when team owners thinks the problem is the driver! smh
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I have a question did EPJ jump in the pond
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I have a question did EPJ jump in the pond
    Yep. If you have DoD, there’s a pic on there. Probably about 4-5’ deep.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Its a shame when team owners thinks the problem is the driver! smh
    I tend to think there were mutual feelings there.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    The local drivers get a case of beer when they jump in the pond after a feature win. So says the two fans I sat next to tonight, who are regulars at 141.

Reaction/Re-cap
    First ever visit to 141. SHAME ON ME!!
    What a great track and only an hour and 15 mins from my front door. Plenty of parking, all kinds of seating options, including a catwalk high above turns 3 & 4, School bus seat chairbacks on the front stretch, lawn chair/grass seating into turn one, a party deck high above turn one, and elevated general admission bleachers at the end of the front-stretch, which is where I sat. It's a "hodge-podge" arrangement of seating options...but it works!! Oh, just for good measure they have one of the largest/nicest track-side bars I've ever seen, complete with pool tables and darts. Crazy.

Bobby set fast time. Heats were decent, two grooves of racing, guys searching around for lines. NONE of the Lucas regulars had ever turned a lap at the place. Only 4 drivers in the field (Anvelink, Swedeberg, McGrath, and Letizia) had turned laps at the place prior to tonight. I was shocked that even Jimmy Mars had never been there.

Bobby, JD, Richards, and D. O'Neal looked the fastest to me in heats.

3 classes, and no B-mains in any of the classes. 3 heats of sport mods, then 3 LM heats, and 2 street stock heats.

Anout a 10-15 break for a little track work and feature time.
    AND...they ran the 50 lap Lucas feature 1st!!!

Bobby on the pole, first 10 laps guys searching around a little bit. Bottom side was dominant, but H. O'Neal went up top.

Then Richards went up top. So did T-Mac and believe it or not, so did EPJ. Richards and EPJ got around Hudson, and then Bloomer somehow found his way up to 3rd. Bobby down low, Richards up top, battle for the lead.

Caution...about lap 28 or so, and that killed it. After that, it was single file on the bottom. Richards and JD went back up top and went backwards fast.

Bobby got a liitle high into 3 w/about 5 to go and EPJ stuck his nose in that opening. Little beating and banging down the front stretch (I'd call it hard, clean battle for the lead) and EPJ got by Bobby and then got out about 3 car lengths.

I thought Bobby ran a very good race, just got out maneuvered on one lap by a series champion who has years and 1000's of laps of experience making the bottom work. The two best cars of the night finished 1 and 2. Watching Mars and Bloomer go at it was fun too. Both raced each other clean all night, so no fireworks.

Feature done by 9pm. Topped off by EPJ's plunge.

Kudos to 141, their track staff who kept the show moving, their weekly fans, who were awesome, and the drivers who put it all on the line for our entertainment.

Hope the Lucas boys come back in '19. Hope more WI drivers/teams show up as well.

Job well done 141 Speedway!!
    That is one awesome recap. Thank you! Sounds like a fantastic facility with people who know how to create a great racing environment. I wish someone in the south — specifically Georgia — would figure it out. Congrats to EPJ. As if the series isn’t tough enough, now he’s back on his game. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I tend to think there were mutual feelings there.
    More like .....one-sided!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    More like .....one-sided!
    Well, it was the right call for both parties in the end. EPJ hasn’t been this good in a few years, and Bobby seems to be coming around with the DB Team.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

QUOTE:Well, it was the right call for both parties in the end. EPJ hasn’t been this good in a few years, and Bobby seems to be coming around with the DB Team.

Most definitely......I have too much respect for both sides to air any dirty laundry!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    The local drivers get a case of beer when they jump in the pond after a feature win. So says the two fans I sat next to tonight, who are regulars at 141.

Reaction/Re-cap
    First ever visit to 141. SHAME ON ME!!
    What a great track and only an hour and 15 mins from my front door. Plenty of parking, all kinds of seating options, including a catwalk high above turns 3 & 4, School bus seat chairbacks on the front stretch, lawn chair/grass seating into turn one, a party deck high above turn one, and elevated general admission bleachers at the end of the front-stretch, which is where I sat. It's a "hodge-podge" arrangement of seating options...but it works!! Oh, just for good measure they have one of the largest/nicest track-side bars I've ever seen, complete with pool tables and darts. Crazy.

Bobby set fast time. Heats were decent, two grooves of racing, guys searching around for lines. NONE of the Lucas regulars had ever turned a lap at the place. Only 4 drivers in the field (Anvelink, Swedeberg, McGrath, and Letizia) had turned laps at the place prior to tonight. I was shocked that even Jimmy Mars had never been there.

Bobby, JD, Richards, and D. O'Neal looked the fastest to me in heats.

3 classes, and no B-mains in any of the classes. 3 heats of sport mods, then 3 LM heats, and 2 street stock heats.

Anout a 10-15 break for a little track work and feature time.
    AND...they ran the 50 lap Lucas feature 1st!!!

Bobby on the pole, first 10 laps guys searching around a little bit. Bottom side was dominant, but H. O'Neal went up top.

Then Richards went up top. So did T-Mac and believe it or not, so did EPJ. Richards and EPJ got around Hudson, and then Bloomer somehow found his way up to 3rd. Bobby down low, Richards up top, battle for the lead.

Caution...about lap 28 or so, and that killed it. After that, it was single file on the bottom. Richards and JD went back up top and went backwards fast.

Bobby got a liitle high into 3 w/about 5 to go and EPJ stuck his nose in that opening. Little beating and banging down the front stretch (I'd call it hard, clean battle for the lead) and EPJ got by Bobby and then got out about 3 car lengths.

I thought Bobby ran a very good race, just got out maneuvered on one lap by a series champion who has years and 1000's of laps of experience making the bottom work. The two best cars of the night finished 1 and 2. Watching Mars and Bloomer go at it was fun too. Both raced each other clean all night, so no fireworks.

Feature done by 9pm. Topped off by EPJ's plunge.

Kudos to 141, their track staff who kept the show moving, their weekly fans, who were awesome, and the drivers who put it all on the line for our entertainment.

Hope the Lucas boys come back in '19. Hope more WI drivers/teams show up as well.

Job well done 141 Speedway!!
    Great write up.

Just wanted to let you know that Cade Dillard had been at 141 in a USMTS mod last year. He came in 3rd place in that event) I know it's not a latemodel but thought it was worth mentioning.