Default Eldora questions

called Eldora 4 times and left messages on phone to call us back plus sent two emails from their web page and no one has ever called us. Can someone tell me if drivers have to be UMP members to race in the UMP mod race over Memorial Day weekend. Also rules say 1/8 inch thick door bar plates required and we have older cars without that so need to know if that is a fixed rule or letting older cars grandfathered in. Want to race three different tracks on our trip up from Florida that weekend and would like to make Eldora one of them if we can get some definitive answers. We race locally at Volusia which is owned by UMP and don't need the door plates or membership to enter race there so need to know about Eldora. thanks. http://www.garygrossracing.com

Well you need a UMP Liscence which you should have since you run at Volusia. Also Eldora makes you buy a $20 competitor Liscence for the year. Also you must have the 1/8 inch thick plate bolted or welded in the drivers door in order to compete. Hope this clears it up for you.

OK thanks. We do not have a UMP license. Volusia doesn't require that at all so we didn't buy UMP license this year. Printed out the Eldora competitor license. will have to work on our door plates or go race somewhere else that day. Lot of work to just race there one day. No other tracks requiring that 1/8 plating that we are going to around the country.

That's cool. I hope you make it to Eldora but it all should be in Eldoras rules. I know they have been getting around 30 mods a night except back a few weeks ago they had like 45 mods.

You will need the door plate, a hans, a thermally activated fire suppression system, a 2015 rated helmet and a battery shut off located on the deck behind the driver. Latemodelman is right there safety guidelines are on their website

fire suppression not required until June 1st so we made out ok there as no fire suppression on our cars. Drivers have their Hans and helmets OK. No other tracks requiring fire suppression either so definitely couldn't buy that for just this one race. Still deciding if worth the trouble to put in thicker door plates. ran a sprint car at Eldora in 1974 so was looking forward to getting back there but looking for other options for place to race up there on that Sunday.

Come to Tyler County Speedway next Sunday, I believe they're having some sort of mod special, gearing up for the MEGA 100 in two weeks for $15,000 to win.

Tyler County little too far away with us racing in Burnside Ky on Saturday night and Lawrenceburg Indiana on Monday night. And we only have m30 UMP tires ungrooved so would be at disadvantage against AMRA tire rules. Will keep it in mind for future trips up north. Right now looks like Richmond Raceway in Kentucky is our alternative for Sunday if I don't get 1/8 inch door plates welded in cars. http://www.garygrossracing.com